Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just moved over from a Harley where I have installed many amps but this Chieftain has me a bit puzzled.
I understand to add an amp to the front speakers you would need an amp to handle high power inputs or get a converter, got that.. Now The rear saddle bag speakers currently have a small amp hooked up to the trunk accessory plug. I would like to remove that for another amp. After reading multiple threads it seems the line level coming out of the rear truck audio harness is low level input. I have purchased a new audio plug to use. So if that's the case you can not use a 4 channel amp as you can not use it both as a high level and low level. My question is do you have to run 2 separate amps one in the faring (High Power)and one in the saddle bag (low Power)

Thanks Gene

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ran into something like this. I installed the trunk with speakers. There is a amp that is 4 channel that you can purchase from Indian ($300+) that you may have to buy a wiring kit.(the trunk comes with wiring) I know the wiring kit is on clearance right now or was. There are wiring diagrams in earlier forums if you are going to aftermarket amps. I haven't
worked on my audio system yet. I have to find a 6 channel as I want to put saddle bag speaker on also, I only use the trunk for long rides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts