Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody in australia does anybody have any updates about there leathers from the vintage and did they got a care-plan how to look after them. Post hints and tips

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi everybody in australia does anybody have any updates about there leathers from the vintage and did they got a care-plan how to look after them. Post hints and tips
Go to your stealer I am in Queensland if it is the tan leather I have a tan loner seat from the stealer all my leather has gone away to be redone by a tannery 3 to 4 week before its comes back??

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done that but everything needs to be done again because it was not up to standard hopefully beter luck the second time, did they told you how to look after your leathers when they come back?

·
Registered
701 Posts
The original leather fades. Care-plan is the tub of conditioner Indian gives you with the bike. Unfortunately for you, the conditioner does not contain any uv blockers. To slow the fading get some conditioner with uv blockers, such as, Leather Therapy Restorer and Conditioner. The 2014 leather can be returned to the dealer for redyeing, no cost to the owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks is that your bike on the photo great looking and the leather is just beautiful I got a vintage blue too, did you do your leather with leather therapy restorer and conditioner

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have done that but everything needs to be done again because it was not up to standard hopefully beter luck the second time, did they told you how to look after your leathers when they come back?
Mine has been away about a week at this stage I am hopeful the fading issue will be over they are going to stripped of the old colour & redo it at the tannery so the fading issue should be over????

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure they do a better job then mine im just waiting for the call to re do it and hopefully they will let me know how to look after them to keep them looking a 100% with the right products

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Im sure they do a better job then mine im just waiting for the call to re do it and hopefully they will let me know how to look after them to keep them looking a 100% with the right products
Hi Aussie how old is your bike I got my Vintage in October the fading started strait away in the end the bags were back to green hide has your leather faded???

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi docter I got my bike in early April when I picked up my bike the leathers never looked liked like the vintage I saw in sydney 12 months ago, it was more towards yellow. I worked every 2 max 3 weeks on the leather it never turned green like yours but I lost my fight with the UV the top of my saddlebags went a different colour not because they were dry or so, in the end I had different colours from fading

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks is that your bike on the photo great looking and the leather is just beautiful I got a vintage blue too, did you do your leather with leather therapy restorer and conditioner
Yes, before and after the leather was redyed by Indian ANZ.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You can apply any dye or conditioner you like but at the end if you like to keep that colour apply Aerospace 303. It is the most powerful UV protector on the market. Just give it a search on google.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you have a brand new motorcycle and you want to keep the original colour use Fiebings Distressed Leather Conditioner. No change in colour. If you use the conditioner provided by Indian , it will darken the leather a little bit. If you want more darker try mink oil. If your leather is too
20141207_172025.jpg
faded a redye job will be needed. After you are satisfied with the colour , apply Aerospace 303. From time to time apply it again.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will have a look at the friebings products seems a lot of people us it and what I have seen on photos I think thats the way to go, thanks for the info burebista

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mate I used to use effax but friebing is the way and will ring around tomorrow and I found a shop for the 303 as well so we rolling. Maybe if they organize a state run with the riders group we can all meet up and compare

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks mate I used to use effax but friebing is the way and will ring around tomorrow and I found a shop for the 303 as well so we rolling. Maybe if they organize a state run with the riders group we can all meet up and compare
Fiebing's....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts