Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Vision, Noise under normal Acceleration Moved to Victory site!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Pin starting making a strange noise on the right side that would come and go but was heard more during accelerating. Turned out I had some bolts break off that were holding the rear pulley to the wheel. My Pin was a tour and with the bags I couldnt see the pulley during inspections. I doubt and hope thats not it but check those bolts.

This happened under normal riding. I never dog my bikes and if I had to label my style it would be grandpa, the traditional kind not the cool hip ones here :wink: I couldnt believe it happened and the awesome extended warranty from Cornerstone denied everything. After getting all the parts replaced and getting them chromed to match it ran me $2300. I was only slightly angry. This was just over 1k miles on a new rear tire. I think the mechanics over tightented them but ofcourse with no proof I could do nothing.

I called my Vic dealer and they said it would be two weeks before they could even look at it. I was so mad i went and looked at a HD dealer that always gave me great service. While discussing the issue I had and the possibilty of coming back to HD they took me to the shop and their mechanic said he could break it down the next day. I ended up taking my Victory to them and they had if fixed up and even helped me fight the warranty company but they still denied the claim.

Well I got alittle carried away there.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RPM's ? Hard to guess a sound from a keyboard. More info please.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you put this on the Indian forum, get rid of the bike and get an Indian. I assume this is the advice you are really looking for since you listed it here and not on the Victory Vision forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts