Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
[link='http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/17/1497/6/Motorcycle-Blog-Post/See-2013-Indian-Motorcycles-at-Sturgis.aspx']http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/17/1497/6/Motorcycle-Blog-Post/See-2013-Indian-Motorcycles-at-Sturgis.aspx[/link]

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Saw some of this info on the Cyril Huze blog too. The new Victory logo seems apparent in one of the pictures as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
First post here, been thinking about adding a touring bike to the stable, considering a few bikes and I'm doing my homework, when Polaris bought Indian I really got excited, was thinking about either a Street glide, a Cross Country, or what Polaris/Indian was going to offer, can't wait to see the new Indians!! I wonder when these models will be available? Also wondering who will sell them in Illinois?

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
When the show them off will they have a more friendly price to them? They need to get it where it affordable and out of that 30K plus price range.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, the reason I stayed away from the Indians before was the price tag and the fact that they were on shaky ground financially, not to mention the dealer network was weak. I trust Polaris knows they need to price the new bikes much further south of 30K like you mentioned!! Lets hope because I can't wait to see em and ride one!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Was talking to a Vic dealer today who may be taking on Indian if things work out. He indicated that the engine in the '13 was going to be pure Polaris - and he hoped that it was. We'll see. But expensive bikes, and I really don't like the looks of the stock exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
The 106 motor would be fine for me!! Lets hope the dealer network is large enough to support the brand, and yea I'd also like to see the Scout even if I'm looking for a touring bike, I have a Dyna Superglide for around town, it's set up solo.......thanks for everyone chiming in!! Ride safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I'm really looking forward to what Polaris is going to do. While I'm not a fan of the current bottle cap engine, I've gained a real appreciation for the build quality of these bikes.

While I love my Vision, it is absolutely critical that Indian bikes NOT become an extension of the Victory parts bin. Victory bikes are perceived by traditionalists as new machines with no heritage and no soul (we know better). The use of a Victory powerplant in an Indian would be akin to sucking the 'soul' out of it.

My HD riding friends would never consider a Vic, but they seem excited by a new Indian. That's the demographic that Polaris wants.

Personally, I'm excited by the new Indian. As long as I can keep my Vision in the garage with it, I'd LOVE to have a Chief to cruise to bike nights on. I have the occasional traditional boner...

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Hey RhoXS, you make some good points!! honestly my HD motor on my Dyna Superglide looks worlds better then the current 106 in the Victory's, I'm not saying it's a better engine but it LOOKS better IMHO.

Thing is we all want a less expensive Indian but if Polaris has to design a completely new motor then it's going to add to the overall cost of production. Like you, I'm really excited to see what Polaris comes up with!!! But the more I think about a new 106 in a retro style bike it would look out of place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts