Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style='font-weight: normal;'>
</span>


<span style='font-weight: normal;'>From The Factory: MEDINA, MN (July 30th, 2012) &ndash;</span>Indian Motorcycle is proud to debut<span style='font-weight: normal;'></span>for 2013 the elegant and powerful Chief Vintage Limited Edition. Featuring a pearl white and thunder black two-tone paint scheme, this bike is sure to turn heads on the open road. The LE also features stylish chrome accents, including chrome highway pegs and a chrome arrow-style shift rod that add a custom touch to this already striking motorcycle.
The Limited Edition offers more than just great looks. The quick detach passenger backrest and luggage rack allows you to go from cruising around with your crew to riding your favorite scenic route with someone special in no time.
This iconic motorcycle harkens back to Indian&rsquo;s roots, but features a paint scheme that will never go out of style. Indian Motorcycle will produce only 35 LE Units, priced at $37,899 US and $39,899 CAD.
Along with the limited edition, Indian will continue to produce the Chief Vintage in Indian Red, Indian Red and Ivory Cream, and Willow Green and Ivory Cream. The Classic will reappear in Solid Thunder Black and Solid Indian Red; and the Dark Horse will be available in Thunder Black Smoke. Shipping will begin in August 2012
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful bike. Too much cash for my wallet, but very nice
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the look.

Will not pay $40 grand for it though
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree it is a beautiful bike,but I could own two or maybe three vic's for that money.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A beautiful bike. I just need to win the lottery to own it....
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good News - The Indian is still an Indian and a Victory is still a Victory

Bad News - $37,899
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, beautiful bike BUT I was hoping for some DEVELOPMENT and a price that would tempt me. Disappointed indeed.

Dynamike
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 said:
<span style='font-weight: normal;'>
</span>


<span style='font-weight: normal;'>From The Factory: MEDINA, MN (July 30th, 2012) &ndash;</span>Indian Motorcycle is proud to debut<span style='font-weight: normal;'></span>for 2013 the elegant and powerful Chief Vintage Limited Edition. Featuring a pearl white and thunder black two-tone paint scheme, this bike is sure to turn heads on the open road. The LE also features stylish chrome accents, including chrome highway pegs and a chrome arrow-style shift rod that add a custom touch to this already striking motorcycle.
The Limited Edition offers more than just great looks. The quick detach passenger backrest and luggage rack allows you to go from cruising around with your crew to riding your favorite scenic route with someone special in no time.
This iconic motorcycle harkens back to Indian&rsquo;s roots, but features a paint scheme that will never go out of style. Indian Motorcycle will produce only 35 LE Units, priced at $37,899 US and $39,899 CAD.
Along with the limited edition, Indian will continue to produce the Chief Vintage in Indian Red, Indian Red and Ivory Cream, and Willow Green and Ivory Cream. The Classic will reappear in Solid Thunder Black and Solid Indian Red; and the Dark Horse will be available in Thunder Black Smoke. Shipping will begin in August 2012
There is no 'Factory' at Medina Mn. its all corporate head quarters. Black an Silver was Harley's big anniversary colors in 03
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6736 said:
There is no 'Factory' at Medina Mn. its all corporate head quarters. Black an Silver was Harley's big anniversary colors in 03
I use the term 'The Factory' as a term of endearment when I disseminate PR information so that everyone knows I'm not taking credit for the story.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1606 said:
Well here's another one for the rich and famous!
+1. But, I love it. I gotta win the Power Ball Lotto to have it in my garage - and I would certainly do it. More power to the guys 35 that are lucky enough to own on. Mongo like.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4606 said:
Good News - The Indian is still an Indian and a Victory is still a Victory

Bad News - $37,899
Whew!! When I saw the price $37,000 - $39,000 I choked on my $1.50 Costco Polish Dawg. LOL!
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last your of the 'Old-Indians' and the true Polaris Indian will be out in 2013 (Model year 2014)? The 37k+ price didn't surprise me, they are probably trying to recoup money for the purchase of Indian.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indian will have a Polaris inspired motor design in the 2014 models.
I'm guessing with the rough eceonomy Indian was had for an extremely low price. That doesn't mean that they don't want to make money but it's taken a decade for Victory to start showing any real steam.
Indian will take off quicker because of the heritage and namesake.
What Polaris owns is two niche brands now. One new and upcoming, one tied into heritage and history.
It'll be interesting to watch these two play out over the next 10 years.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is with that seat fringe or what ever you may call it. UGLY. I would have to remove that or I would not want to be seen on it. (unless it was in a gay pride parade)
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey maybe DSJR70 will buy one and we can get a shot at it a few weeks later.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1606 said:
Well here's another one for the rich and famous!
If Don can get #1 it will be in his garage.

(Well, for a little while at least)
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top