Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded the Vision for an Indian. Here are some picture.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too much flash for my tastes but sharp looking bike. Why did you trade a Vision for an Indian? Great deal on the Indian? Always wanted one? Or just a change in tastes?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<span>Why did you trade a Vision for an Indian? Great deal on the Indian? Always wanted one? Or just a change in tastes?

Put 10k miles on the Vision in a year. Loved the bike. Always wanted an Indian and found a dealer in Lincoln Nebraska that helped me with that!</span>

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful bike, comgratulations. Don't know if it would suit my long distance rides though.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! That's a beautiful bike. Quite a change from a Vision though in both looks and ride.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats!

I'm sure we all would enjoy reading your initial review as well as a comparision to the Vision.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 said:
Congrats!

I'm sure we all would enjoy reading your initial review as well as a comparision to the Vision.  
I don't want to read his review, I want to ride his bike!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very Cool! I have always wanted an Indian too. Congrats! Now ride it like you stole it!

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<span>Congrats!</span>

<span>I'm sure we all would enjoy reading your initial review as well as a comparision to the Vision.

Andy,

Fit and finish
Indian- incredible
Vision- lots of parts did not line up, which caused a lot of squeaking while riding.

Ride (suspension)
Indian- rides better than I expected. Very smooth over bumpy roads.
Vision- incredible

Ride (comfort)
Indian- The big windshield puts you in a very nice pocket. The windflow and temperature control is great.
Vision- Car like pocket. Even with the lower deflectors, I was always sweating.

Ride (features)
Indian- No radio, abs, cruise, or power windshield.
Vision- I never listened to the radio, used the abs, cruise, or power windshied.

Overall, I bought the Vision with the hopes that my wife would fall in love with riding, which did not happen. The bike was great, but it was not the right bike for me. I never used a lot of the great features that are on the bike. I put 10,000 miles on the bike in a year, but rarely more than 200 miles at a time. I always wanted an Indian. When the rebates went into place prior to the 2014 being unveiled at Sturgis, I made the move. I am very happy with the Indian. It's a better fit for my motorcyle needs and i love the way it looks. Win win.

In conclusion, I would recommend Indian of Lincoln Nebraska for anyone considering an Indian. The GM, Justin, is a class act. He personally delivered the bike to me 500 miles away.

</span>

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really like the look its one head turning bike for sure. Congrats and enjoy the ride. I will say the one thing I would miss now that I have it is the cruise control.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful bike! I'm holding out for the new one!! I can't wait. I am hoping they can maintain the quality....and not revert back to the level of Victory in the paint dept.
My Xroads with 4500 miles has rust bubbling the paint pretty bad on the front fender around the entire front edge of the fender, and the paint scratches with the littlest contact.

Love the Indian--- and love the history that goes with it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
14334 said:
<span>

In conclusion, I would recommend Indian of Lincoln Nebraska for anyone considering an Indian. The GM, Justin, is a class act. He personally delivered the bike to me 500 miles away.
</span>
Hopefully, Indian will be a bit more selective in choosing their dealers than Victory was with theirs. I know you have to have dealers to get your product out but I think just about anyone who signed up for a Vic dealership, got one. Obviously, if someone wants a certain bike bad enough, they'll go a ways to get it.
Glad to hear you found a good dealer.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks Great .. Loving my XC but one never knows, Possibly down the road ..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
10966 said:
Hopefully, Indian will be a bit more selective in choosing their dealers than Victory was with theirs. I know you have to have dealers to get your product out but I think just about anyone who signed up for a Vic dealership, got one. Obviously, if someone wants a certain bike bad enough, they'll go a ways to get it.
Glad to hear you found a good dealer.
Man, do you ever talk about the glass half full??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Love the Bike..Congrats to you!!! With the discounts they are offering what is a ball park on would pay for that piece of jewelery??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What number is this one, as there is only 25 made according to Indian
Regards

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bubba, The rebate made the price not much different than a Zach Ness Cross Country, so I was happy. My definition of a great deal is 'when both parties are happy'.

When I worked out the deal a couple weeks ago, the dealer in Lincoln had 3. Numbers 14,20, and 21. I believe they are all sold now.

I got number 20 in honor of one my favorite Chicago Blackhawk's, Brandon Saad.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not my style but a beautiful bike regardless.
Congrats and enjoy the miles

1 - 20 of 34 Posts