Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Indian Chief Roadmaster BK/PR.

This bike is in mint condition cosmetically and was garaged it's entire life. I have all the paperwork in hand for this bike a clean title, original receipts etc. The bike has had one owner its entire life an only has 8940 mile on the odometer. If you would like to check the bike's history the
Vin# is 5CDNRCAJ93G010504

I also purchased a few extra accessories and will include them with the bike: an all leather OE black dual seat with fringe, a Gilroy Chief sissy bar and a windshield. The pictures don't do this bike any justice. It is a truly amazing and beautiful motorcycle.

With all that said there are a few minor things that need to be done to it because the bike has been sitting for a while:
All fluids need to be replaced and the filters changes. Brakes need to have fluid changed. Oil pan needs the correct bolts installed. The oil pan gasket needs to be fixed. Have this done when fluids are changed. It needs a new primary belt and a new final drive belt. Needs all gas drained and fuel lined purged with new gas. Need carburetor cleaned and old gas removed. Just a suggestion of things that need to be done to keep the bike running smooth.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any question you might have. You can reach me at 631-384-4942 text or call. Pick Up is on Long Island N.Y. Payment is cash in person in hand only! No PayPal, Money orders, Western Union etc...

GENERAL INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Indian
Model Year: 2003
Model: Chief Roadmaster

DIMENSIONS
Weight: 716 lbs.
Wheelbase: 68.4 in.
Seat Height: 28.5 in.

ENGINE
Engine: Powerplus 45-degree V-twin, black finish, polished fins
Displacement: 100 cubic-inch (1638 cc)
Bore x Stroke: 3.875 in. x 4.25 in.
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Mikuni HSR 42mm flat-side Carburetor
Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.5 gal. (including 1.2 gal. reserve)
Ignition: Electronic, computer controlled
Exhaust: 2-into-1

DRIVETRAIN
Transmission: Constant-mesh, five speed
Final Drive: Aramid-reinforced belt, reduction ratio 2.03:1

BRAKES/WHEELS/TIRES
Brakes: Front & Rear: Brembo, differential bore, 4-piston caliper, 11.5" rotor
Wheel Colors: Frame: High-tensile steel, powder-coated, black
Front & Rear Wheels:Chrome, 60-spoke, 16" x 3.5" Tires
Front & Rear: Whitewall 130/90-16

OPERATIONAL
Suspension: Front: 41mm, dual-damping conventional style, 5.1" travel
Rear: Rising-rate, KW single shock with adjustable pre-load, 4.25" travel

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking to get at least $11,500 This bike is cosmetically beautiful, has low miles and has some nice upgrades. The only thing like I said there are a few mechanical issues that need to be addressed but nothing to drastic. A large majority of the TLC required are things that would be done anyway with a few exceptions in the list of course. I'm wiling to entertain serious offers so don't be afraid to come up with a number thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct an oil pan is obviously not something special I added. I listed that as an issue not an upgrade.

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
You shouldn't need a primary belt. That is a wet clutch, chain driven primary. Change the primary gear oil, add a Hayden hydraulic chain adjuster and the new owner is good to go...

Has the bike had the rebuild of the bottom end or is it factory still?

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just re-read your post and am curious as to why the oil pan needs the correct bolts installed? What happened with the OEM bolts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just re-read your post and am curious as to why the oil pan needs the correct bolts installed? What happened with the OEM bolts?
Unfortunately the oil pan was in the process of having the gasket replaced when its was stopped mid project. Needless to say it was continued a few months later and the OEM bolts were misplaced while cleaning the garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts