Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's sorry but I had to re-register something was wrong with the site. Anyway I'm in need of Clutch Pushrods on both sides and an adjuster Screw. Does anybody know if they can be substituted with anything from a HD or other? Thanks in advance!

·
Silver member
4,984 Posts
What are clutch pushrods? Are you talking about the springs or the flange bolts? I can likely help you, but I don't understand your terminology.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are clutch pushrods? Are you talking about the springs or the flange bolts? I can likely help you, but I don't understand your terminology.
In the middle of the pressure plate is the clutch adjuster screw. Directly behind that is the clutch rod or aka clutch push rod. Directly behind that is the right side push rod with the oil slinger. The ramp pushes the right side into the left side and adjuster screw causing the clutch to disengage. I need those rods and the adjuster screw. Make sense? 😀

·
Silver member
4,984 Posts

Which piece do you need?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#8 The others aren't shown here. Let me see if I can find them. Thanks for trying to help!!! I appreciate it !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Guy at Indianmotoparts has a solution. I'm very happy because hunting down parts was / is getting to be a pain! He takes the pressure plate and puts a helicoil where the clutch adjuster screw goes. This will allow me to use a different size for all the parts from the adjuster to the throw out bearing. When I say "different size" I'm really just talking about the thread size on the clutch adjuster screw. The diameter of the parts will stay the same. I haven't asked him what parts he will be sending but I'm 99% sure they will be from a HD and more readily available than what's available now. Cheaper too... So I know way more about Clutches , Control Modules and Starter Relays then I ever cared to know so if you have any questions pertaining to those on a Gilroy feel free to ask! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts