Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all My name is Ian
I have just purchased a 2002 Indian scout with a SS motor All factory Fitted I am trying to establish more information
On how many of these were made with this configuration , SS Motors have confirmed that this motor was sent to Indian In 2001 , Because of the Many changes of Owners of the Indian over the last 20 years I'm finding it difficult to get any Information about the Bike please see Photos Vin Number 5CDMT85143G010038
also can some one point me in the right direction for Parts such as Head light.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,031 Posts
Hello Ian
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Scout.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
welcome to our tribe. i only had an indian bike for a yr now. but nice to know S&S was in the indians back in 2000.
Curious on how many miles are on it?

·
Living the dream!
267 Posts
Welcome. I do love the looks of those early 2000s Indians. I wish I had more information. I did shop for and almost bought one back then, and chickened out. But what I looked at also had S&S engines, I think that was 2001.

·
Bronze member
1,424 Posts
Nice, where in South Perth? I'm in Mandurah.

If you see a red and black Vulcan 2000 zipping around give me a middle finger salute!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Welcome to the Tribe. Nice looking bike. I’ve only been riding an Indian for a year, but rode Harleys for 36 years, so I know more about Harley than Indian.

Bubba

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. I do love the looks of those early 2000s Indians. I wish I had more information. I did shop for and almost bought one back then, and chickened out. But what I looked at also had S&S engines, I think that was 2001.
Yeah its My understanding from SS motors these are pretty rare. not to many survived .I can not find one any where in Australia at all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts