Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every so often when I push the starter on my 2002 Chief it binds and the starter does not kick over it seems to bind. Any thoughts of what might be the problem? I do have a new fully charged battery.

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
I know it sounds simple, but make sure your battery connections are tight. If they are just a little loose, I have had that symptom. Other than that, that's my best from here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice, I will check them but I'm pretty sure they are tight. If it was only that simple, ha ha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, I read your post that I may nead one of these in the near future and there is a link to Indian parts. What part are you talking about?
Thanks,
Roger

·
Bronze member
3,072 Posts
ALSO!! Ya might wanna check your battery negative cable where it connects to ground on the frame rail [follow the battery negative [ground] cable and it'll take ya right to it] to make sure it's tight.This has been a common problem which has raised hell with the electrical system.So that should be your starting point.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There's a relay kit they sell to fix your issue. Sorry, the link didnt work as intended. search 'relay' on that site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts