Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lots of issues found on drive home and now that i am home

battery wont hold charge overnight. does this mean stater is shot or battery is shot
speedo doesnt work. speeds are wrong and this is the 2nd speedo and it was used cause it had 6995 miles on it and he said that made it
left blinker bulb doesnt work and headlight bulb doesnt work either
had to buy a nylon 50 ft rope and pull start it both times nows
oil leak on drivers side under front oil pan
he kept the really cool indian chief ball cover that he had in for sale pics he sent me
paint job has not been cleaned well and polished in ages
the paint in the right fuel tank where u put the gas in is coming off and peeling
this is going to take allot of work but could be a great bike
the small fairing sucks and needs a bigger fairing and lowers too. way too much wind for me

at this time not real happy with the bike he showed in pics and bike i got. the pics were WAY BETTER

fill me in on oil leaks for these
speedo problems
blinker lights
front headlight bulbs
battery issues and which are better?

is this just a bad bike i got , this Gillroy bike
am i going to have engine problems too

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
There is a breather hose where your oil leak looks to be, check there first
Speedo may have bad connection at sender on trans, some had mechanical w/cable
regulator may be bad, check connection at front by primary, lose connection can fry stator,
check pin connections on back of control module ( under speedo panel ) and be careful with them...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speedo may have bad connection at sender on trans, some had mechanical w/cable
regulator may be bad, check connection at front by primary, lose connection can fry stator,
check pin connections on back of control module ( under speedo panel ) and be careful with them...
thanks for the tips
how do i do the speedo trans cable check
how do i check for bad regulator? how do i check connection at front to see if it is loose
how do i get under speedo panel

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
what year is bike? some speedos are electronic ( no speedo cable ) on right side top of trans should be a plug with 2 wires hooked to it, check connections.... On regulator the 2 wires go into the primary on the front left should be able to pull them out and make sure connection is good... A shop can check your charging system To get to your control module take seat of , disconnect battery , 2 bolts hold dash panel on (front and back of tank) control module has small pins on under side that control turn signals , speedo , and just about everything else so be very careful you can damage terminals Good luck

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
A good source for info on gilroy Indians Iron Indian Riders web site, go to spirit forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am getting on the forum which has become lengthy and a excruciating process

1 - 9 of 9 Posts