Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Gilroy and I am having a hell of a time getting info and specs on my motor. There is no case number on the left side below the back cylinder but I did find the case number on the right side. I called S&S and did find that my motor was built in 1999. The case # is *A08908* and S&S says that it is an 88 cubic inch evolution motor. Some sources are telling me that it has special cams and high flow heads. I can not find the HP output or the torque number. The cylinders and the case are black powder coated. It has a S&S Super E Shorty carburetor. Any info that you could give me on this motor would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_1727.JPG

·
Silver member
4,834 Posts
Most of this applies except gas tank size and a few other things like the primary drive system on an 01 Scout is dry.

upload_2019-8-13_17-23-48.png

·
Silver member
4,834 Posts
upload_2019-8-13_17-26-21.png

·
Silver member
4,834 Posts
upload_2019-8-13_17-26-51.png

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info and thank you Pablo94. In the first page it lists the HP at 57 HP but when the VIN is decoded digit number 7 in the vin is a 5 which lists 85 HP. I also have a 2016 Scout 60 and the Gilroy feels stronger than 57 HP.

·
Rider
756 Posts
I just bought my first Gilroy and I am having a hell of a time getting info and specs on my motor. There is no case number on the left side below the back cylinder but I did find the case number on the right side. I called S&S and did find that my motor was built in 1999. The case # is *A08908* and S&S says that it is an 88 cubic inch evolution motor. Some sources are telling me that it has special cams and high flow heads. I can not find the HP output or the torque number. The cylinders and the case are black powder coated. It has a S&S Super E Shorty carburetor. Any info that you could give me on this motor would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 516294
I just bought my first Gilroy and I am having a hell of a time getting info and specs on my motor. There is no case number on the left side below the back cylinder but I did find the case number on the right side. I called S&S and did find that my motor was built in 1999. The case # is *A08908* and S&S says that it is an 88 cubic inch evolution motor. Some sources are telling me that it has special cams and high flow heads. I can not find the HP output or the torque number. The cylinders and the case are black powder coated. It has a S&S Super E Shorty carburetor. Any info that you could give me on this motor would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 516294
NOW THATS,,, A BAD ASS SCOUT...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Great info and thank you Pablo94. In the first page it lists the HP at 57 HP but when the VIN is decoded digit number 7 in the vin is a 5 which lists 85 HP. I also have a 2016 Scout 60 and the Gilroy feels stronger than 57 HP.
My 02 made 91 at the rear wheel with the restrictor plate removed and re-jet the carb. For what it's worth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your info! I am thinking 85 HP sounds about right using the Butt Meter. This Gilroy Scout has way more torque than the Scout 60. Does anyone have the rpm redline number on this S&S 88? I believe the Scout 60 redlines at 8300 rpm. I am thinking around 5700 rpm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts