Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know the branded Indian stuff is horribly overpriced, and I know some of it is worth it for the exact fit and finish. I needed a place to put my glasses where they would be easily accessible, so I was looking into handlebar bags. The Indian one is nice and big (maybe too big?), but it's crazy at $200. My wife found this one (it's actually a fork tool bag, but it fits just fine on the handlebars), and I'm really liking it so far. Doesn't exactly match the tan leather, but at least it's brown and not black. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Xelement-1609...NFQO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1422751601&sr=8-6

IMG_20150131_150749108_HDR.jpg IMG_20150131_150733028.jpg

·
Registered
738 Posts
Bryan, I hope you're thanking your wife - she did a nice job! :cool: Seriously, looks very nice and it's a great price.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bryan, I hope you're thanking your wife - she did a nice job! :cool: Seriously, looks very nice and it's a great price.
Yes, she did a great job. Couldn't believe I wanted to spend $200 on a piece of leather, so she went into research mode. It's a very quality bag for $25. Real leather, nice quick release clips, plenty of room for some glasses and other stuff. I'm pretty happy with it. She made a great find.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
We all know the branded Indian stuff is horribly overpriced, and I know some of it is worth it for the exact fit and finish. I needed a place to put my glasses where they would be easily accessible, so I was looking into handlebar bags. The Indian one is nice and big (maybe too big?), but it's crazy at $200. My wife found this one (it's actually a fork tool bag, but it fits just fine on the handlebars), and I'm really liking it so far. Doesn't exactly match the tan leather, but at least it's brown and not black. :)

Amazon.com Xelement 1609 Cruiser Motorcycle Tool Bag - One Size Automotive

View attachment 5947 View attachment 5948
Dang. "Currently unavailable."

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a Google search for "Xelement 1609". you'll find it at other places for about the same price...

Reactions: ScotD

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was told the leather will mare the finish of chrome. It was recommended that I put something like microfiber cut to size on the leather to protect the chrome. My $ .02 worth.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told the leather will mare the finish of chrome. It was recommended that I put something like microfiber cut to size on the leather to protect the chrome. My $ .02 worth.
Hmmmm... I'll have to watch that. I remove it each time I wash the bike, and I haven't noticed anything yet and it's been a few months now, but I'll keep an eye on it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts