Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a short list of the differences between the 2020 and 2021 Springfield’s. I know they have different paint schemes, but is there anything that makes one more advantageous over the other?

Thanks in advance.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,797 Posts
Unless there's a price increase of the 2021 over the 2020 then yes but I'd bet there will be discounts on leftover 2020 bikes to make more of a price difference anyhow.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless there's a price increase of the 2021 over the 2020 then yes but I'd bet there will be discounts on leftover 2020 bikes to make more of a price difference anyhow.
The 2020 MSRP is $100 more than the 2021 I am looking at. I also came across a still new 2019 for $19K but it’s black. A good discount but would rather not get another black bike.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got my 2019 in May. The sticker was $17,450 with V&H Turn Down's on it. It's the black one. That should give you an idea of what to pay for a "left over".

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
following the European Indian Websites, the Springfield 2021 has the 116 stock!

·
Bronze member
1,941 Posts
A few: Power button moved to right hand controls; charging port takes spot of old power button; Metzler tires instead of Dunlop, and front tire on non-DH Springfield is now 36 lb spec; possibly slipper clutch, as I saw this mentioned in a Chieftain video, but haven't been able to confirm. That's all I see at the moment.

·
Silver member
4,971 Posts
A few: Power button moved to right hand controls; charging port takes spot of old power button; Metzler tires instead of Dunlop, and front tire on non-DH Springfield is now 36 lb spec; possibly slipper clutch, as I saw this mentioned in a Chieftain video, but haven't been able to confirm. That's all I see at the moment.
The power button doesn't change on the Springfield or the Vintage I don't believe. Only of the fairing bikes.

One change you didn't mention is the redesign of the heads. They no longer down fire the exhaust. They come from the side of the head and have been moved back on the engine. I assume for better power on mods and to allow more air flow to cool the heads and eliminate even more heat coming off the rear jug.

I would guess the aftermarket exhaust guys are not real happy about another redesign.

Here is an example.

Reactions: rankdog

·
Bronze member
1,941 Posts
You are right about the vintage, but pics online clearly show the power button/charger have been moved for the Springfield. Good catch on the headers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
btw: Wondering if this new high flow heads would fit if you do a BBK 116 upgrade on your older 111 and order this new two heads as well. Wouldn't that mean at the end, that you have the latest 116 engine max upgraded? ...Maybe plus the bigger Injectors from the new 116 Stage 2 kit.

·
Silver member
4,971 Posts
You are right about the vintage, but pics online clearly show the power button/charger have been moved for the Springfield. Good catch on the headers.
I couldn't really tell on the Springfield as I couldn't see a real clear pic of the dash. That would be odd. Seems like it could take on water even with the plug cap. It would be better if the power button powered up the spots and the spot power button became the charging port. Obviously, that doesn't work on the Darkhorse without the spots...

Reactions: TedMan

·
Silver member
4,971 Posts
btw: Wondering if this new high flow heads would fit if you do a BBK 116 upgrade on your older 111 and order this new two heads as well. Wouldn't that mean at the end, that you have the latest 116 engine max upgraded? ...Maybe plus the bigger Injectors from the new 116 Stage 2 kit.
I would think so, but then you have to replace your header pipes as well. Might as well just trade it in for a new one perhaps, but I like the metal housings on my controls better than the plastic so there is that. And there aren't too many skirted fender models with the 116. Only the Roadmaster Elite and Roadmaster...

·
Registered
45 Posts
but I like the metal housings on my controls better than the plastic so there is that.
aha, is our housing (have a 2016 Springfield) out of metal and the current Springfields housings are out of chromed plastic, really?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts