Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Julie and I are heading out on our bikes tomorrow morning, heading east for a Rory Feek concert in Columbia TN and also for Cherohala Skyway. Rory’s story is pretty remarkable: he too has a disabled child, and his beloved wife and singer Joey died from cancer shortly after their daughter was born. They are very close to our hearts.

A tour thru bourbon country is always a blessed event, so we will be rolling (no pun) that in as well. Then we are off north, then west to Seattle to see my son and his family (incl. my youngest granddaughter).

We will post ride photos on this thread or on Photo of the Day. We’ve got three back-to-back 800+ mi days getting from bourbon country to the left coast.

May see some of you on the road!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,025 Posts
Julie and I are heading out on our bikes tomorrow morning, heading east for a Rory Feek concert in Columbia TN and also for Cherohala Skyway. Rory’s story is pretty remarkable: he too has a disabled child, and his beloved wife and singer Joey died from cancer shortly after their daughter was born. They are very close to our hearts.

A tour thru bourbon country is always a blessed event, so we will be rolling (no pun) that in as well. Then we are off north, then west to Seattle to see my son and his family (incl. my youngest granddaughter).

We will post ride photos on this thread or on Photo of the Day. We’ve got three back-to-back 800+ mi days getting from bourbon country to the left coast.

May see some of you on the road!
If you make it down the St. Louis way and need a place to sleep or just want dinner feel free to reach out to Ruth and I. Always like to see Julie and you again. Dean

·
Super Moderator
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you make it down the St. Louis way and need a place to sleep or just want dinner feel free to reach out to Ruth and I. Always like to see Julie and you again. Dean
Thx Dean! Not sure how the logistics will work out but we will give you a holler if it looks like it’ll work. Give Ruth a hug from us!

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
May the wind always be at your back. Have a safe journey.

Reactions: HINK

·
Super Moderator
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Cadillac Ranch! I’ve ridden past it several times and never stopped. This time we did. Exit 60 @ Loves and go south. If you don’t, and take the next one, it’s a confusing sharp reverse turn onto the frontage road that has a severe anti-gravitational field that’ll make you dump your bike. One of the locals (who was helping me right the tipped ship) tells me they have bad accidents here all the time.

I felt better cuz julie dropped her bike today as well — slow speed reversing into a parking space downhill. So we both got that out of the way. Rest of the trip will be great.

EXPERT TIP: always carry an Allen wrench to match your highway pegs for the inevitable tip overs. I learned that tip the hard way and was very happy today that I had it packed

13D1464B-3BBA-4AE6-B20C-2D2529311C83.jpeg
AA71C9F0-0334-4DA4-893B-1691DF96EBE0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Make sure to visit Marcy Jo’s I ate there last week. Loveless Cafe too. Cheers enjoy.
Marcy jo’s Is at the top of our list. We will be hitting it on weds. before Cherohala. Legendary !

1 - 20 of 128 Posts