Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the new windshields curve up at the top and these probably work better than my straight one. Will they fit ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Most likely but you can go with clock works which is what indian uses for an upgrade, myself use the freedom shield 12 all these shields have the curve up top to deflect wind over head.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most likely but you can go with clock works which is what indian uses for an upgrade, myself use the freedom shield 12 all these shields have the curve up top to deflect wind over head.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I have the 12 inch freedom shield also and it is a very good shield. On the highway I have to put it all the way up to get the wind up over my helmet. I have noticed that the flip makes the wind turbulent, more so than the standard straight windshield. I recently put my original windshield back on which measures 15 inches, and I can easily get the wind up over my helmet on the highway without going all the way up. The standard straight windshield creates almost no turbulence at all and I seem to prefer it over the recurve flip windshields. For city riding or on calm days I can leave the standard shield down and enjoy the smooth clean air on my glasses. The main benefit of the freedom shield is that it can be about 1 inch lower than the standard shield on the highway and still send the air up over my helmet

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the 14". They said it will take about 1 month for me to get it, due to the virus.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had a Freedom on y 2015, put the same one on my 2016 and then put it on my 2019. It was a little scratched up so I bought a 14" klock werks and replaced it, seams to move the air up over my head and around my hands a little better. It does have a bit more distortion than the Freedom Shield. I think it's because it is twice as thick as the Freedom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts