Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW.......... labored, pined, fought, with the decision to jump on a Roadmaster. Man this crap all started about 3 weeks ago on a trip to Savanna Ill. with 3 friends, on the way we stopped at a Polaris dealer just for kicks, I sat on a roadmaster to see what it felt like.....1st wrong move to make! In the next two weeks I test drove two chieftains as I could not find a local roadmaster to test, 2nd wrong move was when I took my SO for a ride, she almost wouldn't ride home on the Harley Ultra. Finally made the decision to trade in the Harley, my Roadmaster came in Tues. night & will go pick it up tomorrow. I just can't wait, if it is even rides half as good as them Chieftains I test rode I will be extremely happy. Hey guys, thanks for reading!!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the Roadmaster

Reactions: Roll On

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I was at JPM when they uncrated a beautiful black Roadmaster. I was done right there. I fell for the bike. Traded my Vision and Chieftain in. I picked it up last Friday and the 500 mile service is scheduled for tomorrow. Enjoy yours, good luck and ride safe.

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
I was about decided on buying a Goldwing to replace my totaled VTX I had heavily customized. Almost always ridden Hondas. I saw the Roadmaster online and loved the looks. Read everything I could find about it, including many posts on this board. Mistake I made - going to the demo day outside of Nashville last Saturday. I'll be back at that dealership tomorrow for my 500 mile service.

You will NOT be disappointed in your Roadmaster. It's a great ride, and it's a lot lighter feeling than the Ultra Classic, IMO. It was lighter feeling than my VTX.

Welcome to the Indian family!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congratulations....Funny how these Indians put smiles on our faces..It was at Stugis, 2013 when I stumbled into the Indian booth. Didn't know much about them but what a love affair.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot guys, very good to know that somebody else had exactly the same feeling as I did the first time I sat in the saddle. Then when I took my SO up a couple of days later to see how she would react to the Indian, we were sitting in the salesman's office & we were haggling about trade, she up & says we are taking the one(had to demo a chieftain- no roadmasters on the floor) we just got off of home, the salesman had to get a picture of the roadmaster out & show her what we were dealing on, it was all over then. It's hard to believe no more tip toes at stop signs, no more clunks, hopefully no more jolts from bottoming out, no more top heavy tip. WOOT!! WOOT!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I made the same mistakes that I read in this thread. I test rode a Chiefton and then the information had just been released about the Roadmaster and I ordered one without even having seen one. When I came in I paid for it without even riding although my dealer had agreed to let me out of the deal if I didn't like the bike when it came in. Small chance that would happenit as the Chiefton test ride sealed the deal. I had just waited 9 week for a part to come in for my Street Glide. Somehow I just thought a 9 week wait starting June 14th was just ridiculous and had lost interest in HD for not having apart for a 2009 model. The Indian Roadmaster timing was perfect for a disgruntled HD owner. I am a happy camper with this Roadmaster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW.......... labored, pined, fought, with the decision to jump on a Roadmaster. Man this crap all started about 3 weeks ago on a trip to Savanna Ill. with 3 friends, on the way we stopped at a Polaris dealer just for kicks, I sat on a roadmaster to see what it felt like.....1st wrong move to make! In the next two weeks I test drove two chieftains as I could not find a local roadmaster to test, 2nd wrong move was when I took my SO for a ride, she almost wouldn't ride home on the Harley Ultra. Finally made the decision to trade in the Harley, my Roadmaster came in Tues. night & will go pick it up tomorrow. I just can't wait, if it is even rides half as good as them Chieftains I test rode I will be extremely happy. Hey guys, thanks for reading!!
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get on your trade-in and what year was your UL?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I got interested in the Roadmaster after some time went by and the lack of respect I was getting from H-D. It starting off when I ordered chrome rims and forks plus extras for my girl friends HD Trike as a surprise gift for her, this was back in the beginning of April 2014. The front rim kept getting backordered, so she wrote to Harley in trying to get a hold of somebody at quality control, that lead to no avail.
So, I called Harley and they just stop me right there, basically at the front desk, so sorry to hear of your problem. But, we are aware of the situation. Glad to hear this I said. But it's been over 5 months now!?!

In turn I wrote 12 letters sent it by certified mail to all 12 of those Board of Directors, describing my disappointment, frustration and lack of respect in this matter.( Which cost $48.00 in doing so) one of them did get a hold of the dealership here, asking what kind of people we were & how long they have known us.The dealership told me what Harley was going to give me two choices, refund me the money on the front rim and go somewhere else, or take all the chrome parts back that I had put on her bike. So, thinking it over a bit and saying to myself that they couldn't even write or even give me a courtesy call on anything that has happening.

The dealership has been always good to both of us, I told them take back the rims and plus I want my $48.00 back from Harley.

During this time I started looking in on the Indian motorcycles, found out they have a quality control department which in turn I can get a hold of if I cannot get any dealership problems resolved. (Big plus there) I went down to the dealership, liked what I saw and was totally blown away by how easy it was to mount the bike, upright it, and just the feel of it.
Me being envoled in a motorcycle drill team, I told the salesman that I'll be back with something to trade-in and I need to give the bike a test ride first thou, I found it very easy to maneuver, at that point my mind was made up.
I like the way that Indian says it. You have a choice. And I love it.
Bottom line is, I put a lot of money into my 2008 anniversary turning it into a CVO, long with the LED lights, Bakers reverse gear transmission and legends air shocks plus a mountain of other stuff. Yes I'll be loosing a lot in selling or trade-in. But, hey H-D if it's all bought the monies, they lost mine. By the way those LED lights on the outter edge of her fairing (Trike) this will be the third time trying to get them fixed. Good job H-D good job.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Awesome. Congrats

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Roll On, Good for you man, good for you! Know exactly what you're talking about. I think you will like the Indian. I have already told myself over & over, this Indian is first out for Polaris, so; even if I got a lemon this time around, I will get another one, no questions asked. Enjoy yourself trading in your Harley, I have adopted a saying for Harley that I use: You might be able to find better, but you cannot pay more!!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Welcome Roll On. Congrats on the Roadmaster and enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Thank you everyone.
My girlfriend would like me to keep my Harley. But, I'm prefectly fine by saying goodbye to it, and a saying a GREAT BIG HELLO to my soon to be Roadmaster! Plus feeling warm & fuzzy inside about it. Long live Indian Motorcycles!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts