Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
While I also like doing things myself, if there is a rideability issue, I would get the dealer to look at it and don't take there isn't anything wrong with it from them. Try getting it reflashed. I spoke to a friend who has a Challenger and the only jerkiness he gets is with it in sport mode/low speed. He has also had the throttle bodies replaced as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just rolled over 10k (kms) and lov every minute of riding the challenger i have experienced a couple tech glitches too but updates helped for me. I only get lurching in sport mode never in any other mode personally.

·
Registered
126 Posts
First, greetings. I've been on a Victory XCT for 9 years, 150,000 miles. I got my Challenger Limited last week.
Issue 1, the infotainment system takes a very long time to come up, about 20 minutes.
Issue 2, when trying to ride slow at parking lot speeds, it is very hard to keep it from lurching.
Do they all do that?
#3...the fairing and square saddlebags look like a Harley Davidson

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Things are working out well. The ECU flash made the herky-jerkies much more manageable.
The 20 minutes for the panel to come up is solved. I had a thumb drive with 16 Gig of music on it. Apparently the bike software reads the entire drive before it moves on to things like navigation. Once I unplugged it everything was fine. I re-did a thumb drive with about 400 of my favorite songs and will see how that works today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Things are working out well. The ECU flash made the herky-jerkies much more manageable.
The 20 minutes for the panel to come up is solved. I had a thumb drive with 16 Gig of music on it. Apparently the bike software reads the entire drive before it moves on to things like navigation. Once I unplugged it everything was fine. I re-did a thumb drive with about 400 of my favorite songs and will see how that works today.
Download and install the update with the Car Play app and use Spotify. I have a dozen of playlists with 50 to 100 songs on each.
BTW...I sent you a private message.

·
Registered
83 Posts
First, greetings. I've been on a Victory XCT for 9 years, 150,000 miles. I got my Challenger Limited last week.
Issue 1, the infotainment system takes a very long time to come up, about 20 minutes.
Issue 2, when trying to ride slow at parking lot speeds, it is very hard to keep it from lurching.
Do they all do that?
I'd talk to your dealer about infotainment load speed. As for your second issue, I would suggest learning this technique:
Hope this helps - happy trails :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
All fixed, see previous posts. Also, I use to take RLAP and Prorider classes as a hobby. The problem was the flash.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts