Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed the 2" pullback bars on a chieftain ? can you use the standard control cables and wires? thanks chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I installed them a couple weeks ago, and it is a better fit for me now. Just be aware that the cost of the bars is $224.99 and you have to replace the grip on the left side and it is $55 plus $30 for the Indian end cap which is charged as a separate line item, but evidently not reusable. This was not disclosed when I called the dealer, and I was quoted 1.5 hours of service, and they tried to charge me for 2 hours of labor. I talked to the owner, and he split the grip with me and honored the 1.5 hours I was quoted. Check all your functionality prior to leaving the dealer as my turn signals were messed up and my cruise stopped working. Had to go back again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
installed the 2" pullback bars today , took about 2 hours...all went well...but you do not need a grip as it says above..your dealer must have damaged the grip and charged you for it..the hole drilled through the bars does not line up exactly with the one through the grip and they prob. damaged the rubber while trying to get this done ....I would go to the dealer and get your money back

·
Registered
723 Posts
Put them on my Vintage. Happy I did. Bones don't creek as much on long rides.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my 2" pull backs now just need to get Em put on.
My dealer quoted me 9o minutes labor then said it's a two hour job at least and he didn't know who could get it done in just an hour and a half. But since that was the listed labor costs that's what he will charge me. After hearing that I decided to let them mount the bars.
It would take me half a day or more and I'd probably mess up some wiring or some such. ..:p
I got a Saddleman gel pad with memory foam for the seat as well. Between the two
These should go a long way toward making long distance rides a lot more comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the 2" bars put on my Chieftain by the dealer. Took them 2.5 hours. They only charged me for the 1.5 listed in the book but I was waiting so I had some time to kill at the dealership. I was told the stock grip is glued on and it about a 50/50 on getting it off the old bars without damaging it. The dealer told me this up front and fortunately for me they got it swapped so I didn' have to buy one. On a side note I had the low profile windshield installed too. Appearently I am not as tall as whom ever they designed the bike for.:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had them installed on mine, love them. Sawtooth Indian in Boise said they could not do it in less than three hours and refused to honor the flatrate. I needed them so paid the price. They left the mirrors loose and flopping around. Boise buyers beware, was not impressed with first service. Car dealer style in a bike shop. Still love the bike. Hard to trust a bike shop that leaves loose fastners. Our lives are at stake.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Anyone put the 2" pullbacks on a 2017 Chieftain? The web page (and according to a parts person at a dealer) indicates it doesn't fit. But all looks pretty similar to a 2016 which fits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts