Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning from Hollywood Fl. I am a new motorcycle rider. My 14 Vintage is the 1st bike I've ever owned. Saw an Indian years ago and thought, what a gorgeous bike!
I purchased from Indian Pompano and they were great! My 2 issues are 1) The length of time to receive anything from Indian. No thank you, no welcome package, no dye kit coupon, no IRG membership, no e-mail, nothing. I purchased July 30th. Before you tell me what their site says let me say in the age of computers this should all happen within days of our becoming a new customer. I bought my wife a Softail deluxe from Harley 10 days ago and she has received everything already. It's minor but I feel it's wrong..My 2nd bone of contention is the Leather Dye situation. I am not in the Leather Dye business. If it's wrong (shyt happens) just make it right. I have zero intention of dyeing my own leather. Other than those 2 issues I am more than happy. In fact, everytime I look at my bike I get excited!! When it's parked I see the people gawking at it and I love that!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would think it is an issue with the dealer. I purchased my Vintage in June and received my welcome package, and IRG membership about 1 month later.
My dye kit was provided a couple weeks ago, anyway that's my experience.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,743 Posts
I'm not gonna argue with your beefs. I think that they are legit.
However, you have to sign up for the IRG. Your Inaugural membership is free, but not automatic. I signed up and got my kit in less than a week.
The other two, you are 100% correct.

·
Founding member
983 Posts
Got a cool gas tank with a clock in it. Got all my sign up stuff for IRG and am all signed up. Got a debit card for 100 dollars thanking me for buying an Indian. Got my luggage rack that was on back order. No dye kit but I'm pretty sure I'm leaving the leather alone. Keeping after it with the conditioner. So far I am satisfied.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I hear you my friend. I'm not into dying leather either. Why the heck are they sending me a kit, the leather should be sent out and professionally done. Someone needs to slap the guy up side the head at Indian who thought of sending out kits. Get him to dye my leather. I'll even provide him with rubber glove so he doesn't get dye I his fingernails.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Got a cool gas tank with a clock in it. Got all my sign up stuff for IRG and am all signed up. Got a debit card for 100 dollars thanking me for buying an Indian. Got my luggage rack that was on back order. No dye kit but I'm pretty sure I'm leaving the leather alone. Keeping after it with the conditioner. So far I am satisfied.
It will still fade.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Remember, new company trying to get new motorcycles out the door.

Consider it a learning curve

Not to say your gripes are not legit, but think they have done an outstanding job so far

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dealers and companies only get one chance to make a first impression. I bought mine in Idaho a couple weeks ago and the dealer has not thrilled me but the bike did. The dealer is cocky because the bikes are selling so their deals aren't great. That will change. The service department made errors on the first service so my opinion is they are not paying attention to detail. Again, love the bike but the dealer has a long way to go.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I'm saying is fading within weeks is extreme. I'm not dye expert but this much I know. Swap them out properly dyed then I'll take over with cleaner and leather conditioners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts