Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told when I bought my Bike the other night at Iron Pony, that it was the 1st Springfield sold in Columbus Ohio. The only Bummer is it wont be ready for another day or two.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Reinie....I've got a good friend who rides a Gilroy Scout up in Stryker...not far from you.....I'll be up that way for the Wausseon National Meet later this year in the summer. Would be great to meet you .

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
From the Texas Hill Country, congratulations on your new Indian Springfield, enjoy the ride

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
114 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger. I called Randy Maurer at Iron Pony, Columbus, and ordered my dream machine: a red Springfield. He said it should be in by June. I plan to ride up from Nitro, WV, and ride back on an Indian. The wait is killing me but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger. I called Randy Maurer at Iron Pony, Columbus, and ordered my dream machine: a red Springfield. He said it should be in by June. I plan to ride up from Nitro, WV, and ride back on an Indian. The wait is killing me but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
You're gonna be real happy

·
Registered
478 Posts
The wait is killing me but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Hang in there tidurst, it is worth every second of the wait. If the freaker didn't weigh 800+ #, I would be picking it and giving it a kiss and hug on a daily basis. As Bobby jesus says "you're gonna to be real happy." Post pictures when you get it and share your riding impressions after you have put some miles on it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hang in there tidurst, it is worth every second of the wait. If the freaker didn't weigh 800+ #, I would be picking it and giving it a kiss and hug on a daily basis. As Bobby jesus says "you're gonna to be real happy." Post pictures when you get it and share your riding impressions after you have put some miles on it.
I'm already rising an 800lb+ Stratoliner so I don't expect there'll be any surprises. If the Springfield handles as well as I've read I'll be shickled titless, lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Cruiser

Today was the day. A 360 mile round trip. The weather was cold on the ride up but sunny and very pleasant for the return trip. Handling on the Springfield is quite nimble. The cruise control was pure joy. I got the tall wind shield and there was absolutely zero buffeting all the to the century mark. I couldn't resist. I had to open her up just once. Now for the break in miles. It's going to be a great summer of riding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.