Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 CMC, model Rocket...I think. It seems that its geared too high. For example....In 1st gear its almost impossible to ease through a parking lot without being in and out on the clutch. And I don't go into 5 th until 65 or 70 MPH.
Does anyone have any recommendations how to economically fix this.....outside of changing transmission. Thought about changing front or back sprocket. Any input would be much appreciated. The bike was given to me by a friend. Seems it spent much time as a garage ornament with only 5000 miles. Its in great shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice looking old bike. How is it running at idle? Vacum leaks or stumbling?. ( the bike, not the rider Lol.) The Idle may be set too high that would cause the parking lot problem. I don't think that there's anything special about the transmission on that bike.. Good luck

·
Rider
1,034 Posts
Interesting build, nice guy to give it to you, looks like an S&S engine in a FX/FL Harley 4 speed frame, tranny could also be an S&S or Harley, without hi resolution photos on frame etc., all I can do is guess.

Enjoy your motorcycle!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
When was the last time the carburetor was serviced? You saying it spent it's time sitting make me wonder about the fueling equipment.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Add some heavy dose of starbrite fuel enzime and run it through,that stuff will clean the insides anywhere fuel is and does it while its sitting in storage also.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts