Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a picture of this machine? I think I read that this machine has survived.

I remember sitting on it at the yearly show in Houston. I've not seen a picture of it since. Also I recall the Ducati rep being very indignant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it was a not an SS. It was silver, had INDIAN script on the tank & perhaps the tank/seat bottom was one piece. Quite attractive at the time. It likely got dismantled soon after the show as the Ducati importers were really angry. I was an Indian dealer at the time & thought we had something we could sell. But it wasn't to be.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have a pic, maybe 2 of that bike. they r small, old school fotos. 3.5 x 4" or something like that.
it was a white bike. said Indian on the tank.
it will take me a while to find them, but i do have them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ok. . .i told u it would take me a while to find it. . .
sorry. . .but here it is. the Indian-Ducati prototype. i have 4 more shots but they r old skool slides. have to set up a camera and blast it to a wall to get a shot i can share with u.
i have them at my fingertips now.
sorry for the delay.

D~~~~!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
ok. . .i told u it would take me a while to find it. . .
sorry. . .but here it is. the Indian-Ducati prototype. i have 4 more shots but they r old skool slides. have to set up a camera and blast it to a wall to get a shot i can share with u.
i have them at my fingertips now.
sorry for the delay.

D~~~~!
as for the tohought it may have been dismantled. the notes on the back of the foto are dated from Feb '92.
so it lasted that long?

·
Silver member
4,204 Posts
I can’t think of a reason to buy either...

sorry, seriously wondering if the first is an actual prototype, or something homegrown. I just feel sorry for the bike they ruined to build this. 😢

1 - 12 of 12 Posts