Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Everyone. I know many of you are out on Youtube checking out anything you can find on Indian, but I came across this one last night and thought you would find it interesting.

Here's a neat little video of some German guy riding a 1928 Indian Scout 101 to the 2013 European Bike Week event in Austria at Faak am See (Lake Faak). 500km which is around 300 miles - not bad at all for an 86 year old bike carry the rider and quite a nice load of luggage.

Guess it's not so unusual as I've seen lots of guys ride 20's and 30's BMWs to American rallies, but somehow it just seems more unusual to see an old American bike like this in Europe. Anyhow, neat scenery and riding. Plus, also notice how he pulls into an Indian display booth at the rally. Polaris seems super aggressive overseas as I've been reading lot of blogs and there's great interest in Europe and Australia and New Zealand that I hadn't realized before I ordered my Scout.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That was AWESOME!!! Thanks for the ride along, Two things I noticed. The side of the road they where riding on. The Stars and Bars on the back of the bike.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah David, I had to smile when I saw the Stars and Bars - who would expect that in central Europe?

And yes, I've been fortunate enough to drive and ride in 'mainland Europe' several times and unlike Great Britain, they do drive on the correct side of the road. HA! With that said, I've driven and ridden in GB and other places where they do drive on the left and as long as you're paying attention, one catches on pretty quickly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is a great video! I love the music as well ;) I'm thoroughly impressed with how it held up through all those miles.
I'm also really tempted to go to European Bike Week sometime

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Thanks for finding this video and sharing it. It is such a beautiful country to ride in and to do it on a classic Indian is awesome. I had the pleasure of a week long motorcycle ride through Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Italy. Just absolutely amazing in every way. A definite item to put on the old bucket list.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Neat video. That is likely the best bike Indian ever made.

In their early days, up until around 1930, roughly 1/4 of their production was exported. Indian was considered one of the best bikes you could buy, period, not just the best American bike.

Punitive tarriffs were enacted by most countries in the aftermath of the depression, and this put an end to Indian's export success.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts