Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Left Hand Throttle , Foot Clutch and Right Side Hand Shifting .. Just a few things would need to adapt too .. Would have to put me out in an open to feel comfortable before trying all that now .. Although didn't have any trouble with my Fathers when was 15 because one adapts a lot quicker when young and not rode that much anyway .. Love the Mid 20's Scout though .. Would find me one if ever hit the Lotto ..

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Left Hand Throttle , Foot Clutch and Right Side Hand Shifting .. Just a few things would need to adapt too .. Would have to put me out in an open to feel comfortable before trying all that now .. Although didn't have any trouble with my Fathers when was 15 because one adapts a lot quicker when young and not rode that much anyway .. Love the Mid 20's Scout though .. Would find me one if ever hit the Lotto ..
Had a workmate do up an Army Indian in the early 70's. The big day! He rode it down the street and back and said away you go Al, your turn! Well, I was game . On I hoped, listened to what he said and actually got it right the first time and off down the street I went. All was great until I can to turn around and come back. Half way through the turn I was thinking oh fudge! I'm gonna drop it! But miraclulously I made it round just missing the curb and almost stalling it. Whoa! What a thrill. But I never ride it again even though he offered lots of times.
Alpal

I wonder where Lance and his Indian are now? I feel a search coming on.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Had a workmate do up an Army Indian in the early 70's. The big day! He rode it down the street and back and said away you go Al, your turn! Well, I was game . On I hoped, listened to what he said and actually got it right the first time and off down the street I went. All was great until I can to turn around and come back. Half way through the turn I was thinking oh fudge! I'm gonna drop it! But miraclulously I made it round just missing the curb and almost stalling it. Whoa! What a thrill. But I never ride it again even though he offered lots of times.
Alpal

I wonder where Lance and his Indian are now? I feel a search coming on.
Riding one is pretty much like learning to pat your head and rubbing your stomach and then switching back to rubbing your head and patting your stomach.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,049 Posts
Left Hand Throttle , Foot Clutch and Right Side Hand Shifting .. Just a few things would need to adapt too .. Would have to put me out in an open to feel comfortable before trying all that now ..
Alpal....
Riding one is pretty much like learning to pat your head and rubbing your stomach and then switching back to rubbing your head and patting your stomach.
I agree. Not something you want to practice in heavy traffic.
--- Randall

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Which I cannot do,.......
Alpal

Reactions: RBinTEX
1 - 7 of 7 Posts