Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...does anyone have any info or experience with the 1920 Solo Seat? I love the look and am thinking of adding it to my 2019 Bobber. Thanks in advance for any insights.

vr
Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
4202BC3B-A6FE-4419-A078-84C4ED90BFA2.jpeg
Looks great!! Just don’t expect to ride for longer than a hour to hour & half before it starts to speak to your nether regions.

·
Registered
417 Posts
For looks and riding position I give it a 10. For comfort I give it a 6. Bout the same as the stock for comparison. But I have kind of a bony ass so your results may vary. I've only got about 300 miles on it so far cause spring here has been crap. Still glad I got it though.

Kerm

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For looks and riding position I give it a 10. For comfort I give it a 6. Bout the same as the stock for comparison. But I have kind of a bony ass so your results may vary. I've only got about 300 miles on it so far cause spring here has been crap. Still glad I got it though.

Kerm
Thanks Kerm...I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!
vr
Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
It does look great! How much more wind do you catch?
brother, I catch all of it!! It’s not too bad till I get over 65 or so. After about 85, I’m out of my comfort zone.

I honestly don’t enjoy highway riding on the bike but I live in Atlanta. The traffic and constant highway construction make it more of a chore than a pleasure. If the wind speed gets over 12 then you really feel it pushing the bike combine with riding on highway at 60 plus mph gets real uncomfortable for me personally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brother, I catch all of it!! It’s not too bad till I get over 65 or so. After about 85, I’m out of my comfort zone.

I honestly don’t enjoy highway riding on the bike but I live in Atlanta. The traffic and constant highway construction make it more of a chore than a pleasure. If the wind speed gets over 12 then you really feel it pushing the bike combine with riding on highway at 60 plus mph gets real uncomfortable for me personally.
Thanks for the frank assessment! I live in Florida and I am new to riding...consequently, I share your disdain for highway riding. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have the 1920 seat and bars on my bike. I makes the bike a different ride for the better IMO. Takes the “clam shell” shape you ride in on a stock Scout and makes you sit about 2” up and foward. By adding the bars along with the seat I am more comfortable and surprisingly enough the wind blast is less( go figure) not sure why, but a plus. I do ride on the highway @65-75. The seat is more comfortable than the stock one, which I had replaced with a Mustang. It helped some, but the position was the problem. With the 1920 seat you are in a little more “standard position”, especially with the bars and floorboards ( that I also recommend ). I’m and old guy and I also have a bony butt like 1206farmall said. The seat shape supports more of you than the stock. I really wish I would have bought it first and saved $340 the Mustang seat cost me. Besides all that ,my Scout looks more nostalgic. The curved rear fender rack is another nice item to check out. Very useful too.

·
Bronze member
3,795 Posts
I had the 1920 seat on my Scout and found it much more comfortable than the stock seat. I could move around a bit on the 1920 one whereas the stock seat forced me into one position. On longer trips I used an Airhawk and could easily manage 8 hour days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the 1920 seat and bars on my bike. I makes the bike a different ride for the better IMO. Takes the “clam shell” shape you ride in on a stock Scout and makes you sit about 2” up and foward. By adding the bars along with the seat I am more comfortable and surprisingly enough the wind blast is less( go figure) not sure why, but a plus. I do ride on the highway @65-75. The seat is more comfortable than the stock one, which I had replaced with a Mustang. It helped some, but the position was the problem. With the 1920 seat you are in a little more “standard position”, especially with the bars and floorboards ( that I also recommend ). I’m and old guy and I also have a bony butt like 1206farmall said. The seat shape supports more of you than the stock. I really wish I would have bought it first and saved $340 the Mustang seat cost me. Besides all that ,my Scout looks more nostalgic. The curved rear fender rack is another nice item to check out. Very useful too.
Very comprehensive layout of your thoughts...thanks! I will absolutely look into the handlebars and curved rear fender rack.
All the best ~ Ron
I had the 1920 seat on my Scout and found it much more comfortable than the stock seat. I could move around a bit on the 1920 one whereas the stock seat forced me into one position. On longer trips I used an Airhawk and could easily manage 8 hour days.
Thank you for the input! Have a wonderful evening!
vr
Ron

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very comprehensive layout of your thoughts...thanks! I will absolutely look into the handlebars and curved rear fender rack.
All the best ~ Ron

Thank you for the input! Have a wonderful evening!
vr
Ron
I've said it before on some scout thread but I'll repeat that I love the 1920 seat and bars as Dr. Shifty and Rodent say. I was uncomfortable on the stock set up and when I tried the 1920 combo, it fit perfectly. I've cruised at speed and in town conditions and to me, the 1920 set up feels natural and relaxed as well as offering great control. Just got this bike 400-500 miles ago so no distance travels yet but I'm already planning a western trip. Happy guy here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've said it before on some scout thread but I'll repeat that I love the 1920 seat and bars as Dr. Shifty and Rodent say. I was uncomfortable on the stock set up and when I tried the 1920 combo, it fit perfectly. I've cruised at speed and in town conditions and to me, the 1920 set up feels natural and relaxed as well as offering great control. Just got this bike 400-500 miles ago so no distance travels yet but I'm already planning a western trip. Happy guy here.
Thanks!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hello. I was looking at the 1920 seat. I read it sits you up 2 inch. Does anyone have the seat with 10 inch mini apes? I have the 10s on mine but I don’t want the seat of it will make me lean over to the bars. Thanks for any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts