Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what a different feeling these two seats give the rider. Still getting used to the solo “sitting on top” feeling vs the OEM “in the bike” feeling. Anyone else have the same experience?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow what a different feeling these two seats give the rider. Still getting used to the solo “sitting on top” feeling vs the OEM “in the bike” feeling. Anyone else have the same experience?
Yup, same experience! Biggest downfalls are that you're closer to the tank (gloss paint owners beware ) and you can't manipulate the bike's weight with your inner thighs as easily. For that, you get a better seat that distributes your weight and that gorgeous look

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Chieftain Limited. Hold my beer! I saw this in a cartoon....n
146 Posts
I put the 1920 seat on and since my tailbone still hurts on longer rides I may go to a mustang.
Or I'll keep it on change out to 18"apes and cut the back fender, along with some other stuff. Depends if I buy a Chieftain for Christmas or not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll give you that hurts more on longer rides. If anything because you're more likely to hit a bump the longer you're out

Otherwise, if the pavement is silky smooth I find it's more comfortable.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I had the solo seat on my Scout from new so I never used the stock seat. When I sold the Scout the buyer didn't want the solo seat so I put the stock back on. I then rode the bike for 3 hours to meet the buyer. I've never been so glad to get off the bike as on that day. The stock seat held me bent in a single position and my hips and back complained like mad.

When I was going to be out for more than a day on the solo seat I used an Airhawk which made it comfortable for long trips.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had the solo seat on my Scout from new so I never used the stock seat. When I sold the Scout the buyer didn't want the solo seat so I put the stock back on. I then rode the bike for 3 hours to meet the buyer. I've never been so glad to get off the bike as on that day. The stock seat held me bent in a single position and my hips and back complained like mad.

When I was going to be out for more than a day on the solo seat I used an Airhawk which made it comfortable for long trips.
Got a link to the one you used?

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The Airhawk is their medium cruiser - 14 by 14 inches. I bought it probably ten years ago for another bike and it's still going strong with no leaks or problems. I still use it on the Springfield if I'm going to be on the bike for several days.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just changed out the Mustang Solo Seat for a 1920 Solo. The Scout is my first feet forward cruiser after many decades on standard and sport bikes. The Mustang is a big improvement over the stock seat but still locks me into one position. I tried mid-controls but the low seat height put my knees too high to be comfortable. Then I read that the 1920 seat was several inches higher so I got one recently, put the mid-controls back on and I'm a happy camper. One word of caution, don't polish up that leather too much or you will be sliding around a little bit. I also have an airhawk and will use it on longer rides. My Sixty is a 2017 I bought new and it supposedly has better suspension than earlier models. I did the Progressive spring fork conversion and now I will probably upgrade the rear as well. You will feel the bumps a little more but with the Kuryakin mid-controls I can stand up when I see the big ones coming.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yup, same experience! Biggest downfalls are that you're closer to the tank (gloss paint owners beware ) and you can't manipulate the bike's weight with your inner thighs as easily. For that, you get a better seat that distributes your weight and that gorgeous look

isn't it bad luck to take a pic of your scoot in from of a cemetery? :unsure: Old biker lore :ROFLMAO:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts