Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any insights on the 1920 Solo Seat for the Scout Bobber? I love the look and am contemplating the mod. Any thoughts would be helpful.

vr
Ron

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Scout82 I seen on you tube where a guy makes a tractor type seat .In other words it is a old style seat with the springs that support the seat front and back. He made it to replace the 111 Indians so, I am sure if he built one for them then, it would only be a slight modification for him to make them fit the Scout. Do some teaching on you tube and on the forum you may be able to find it and see what you think. Sorry I watched it and he did a quality job of manufacturing it. Hid selling them as a kit and is a American guy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scout82 I seen on you tube where a guy makes a tractor type seat .In other words it is a old style seat with the springs that support the seat front and back. He made it to replace the 111 Indians so, I am sure if he built one for them then, it would only be a slight modification for him to make them fit the Scout. Do some teaching on you tube and on the forum you may be able to find it and see what you think. Sorry I watched it and he did a quality job of manufacturing it. Hid selling them as a kit and is a American guy.
Thanks for your insights. I have seen the spring tractor seat and like the look as well. I also think it would be more comfortable than the 1920 Solo. Keep riding!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one on a '18 bobber. Looks amazing. You will sit up and forward a bit versus stock seat. That being said, it is RIGID. If you ride for more than a couple hundred miles, your insides will feel like you have been using a jack hammer all day and when you hit an unexpected bump, your spine WILL BE re-aligned. Someone mentioned an AIrHawk cushion or something similar. Might have to try that. But, it does look amazing.... :)
20180611_100805.jpg

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,696 Posts
I think a sprung saddle like those tractor seats would be the ticket. They just need to add more gel padding to them for my bony butt to sit on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ive had both the 1920 and now am using a mother roads customs spring tractor seat. the tractor is 10X better on my bobber then the 1920. i hardly notice bumps anymore other then a slight bob of the seat and i think it is very comfy for longer rides but i had them put the gel pad in mine.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the 1920 on my Bobber and love it. I did change the rear suspension though, on the stock suspension it would probably be too hard

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too have the 1920 tractor seat on my Scout Bobber. I've only had the bike a week and had the seat fitted from new, so have no experience of the original seat. I've also had the Ohlins shocks fitted, but again, having no experience of the standard shock, I don't know how much difference it makes.
I road 86 miles home from the dealer, and have to say it's more comfortable than it looks and I was expecting. From what I've read, I would have been stopping soon for fuel anyway, so I'm more than happy with my choice.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts