Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm looking for this style solo seat cover. There seem to be two styles... this style and the bobber style which uses a different mount bracket and has a different fender contour. Does anyone know the part number for the sub frame cover in the picture (this is the one for the standard scout, NOT the bobber).

subframe cover.jpg

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey. They don't sell it separately I been on the phone with Indian. There is no part number , your only luck is to buy it off of a person who has a bobber since they wouldn't be needing it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey. They don't sell it separately I been on the phone with Indian. There is no part number , your only luck is to buy it off of a person who has a bobber since they wouldn't be needing it.
Interesting... so when you buy the kit from a dealer it comes with both frame covers?

·
Bronze member
4,686 Posts
An associated piece that probably doesn't have it's own part number is the little bracket that this cover screws to at the rear. The bracket screws to the fender, the cover screws to the bracket. You can't hold the cover in place without that bracket.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An associated piece that probably doesn't have it's own part number is the little bracket that this cover screws to at the rear. The bracket screws to the fender, the cover screws to the bracket. You can't hold the cover in place without that bracket.
You are correct, I do have that part. The kit was complete except for the scout cover, even came with a bobber cover as extra just not the scout cover. Worse comes to worse i'll fabricate a cover if I have to I suppose...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts