Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love the look of the 1920s seats for the scout lineup however they currently only offer black and tan and neither go with the dark brown passenger seat on the bobber. Seeing as the lady likes to ride with me and i dont want to have mismatched leatherd, Im just waiting for a dark brown 1920 saddle... not sure if that will ever happen... :( anyone know of any good seats? The bobbers stock seat is starting to overstay its welcome...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,833 Posts
Mustang and Corbin have good seats but not with the tractor seat look. Mother Roads has sprung tractor seats in a variety of colors & textures. I think you can also get additional gel padding in them and can get springs that are tailored to your weight. Not sure how well they work with a pillion though. Corbin has a passenger pillion to go with their seat.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,870 Posts
I got a Corbin seat in the Indian tan, but I thought it needed to be darker also. I bought some dye from Leather World and did it myself. It takes several coats (and days) to darken the seat but I think it looks better dark (on a Scout). Here is a before and after pic.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Classic Vintage car Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What an awesome looking scout. Definitely in awe of that one. You did a great job on that seat, I think i may just end up doing that it looks so much better than the light leather on the corbin seat

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Might check with Mean City Cycles, they rebuild seats and might be able to come up with a brown leather seat cover for you, and have them recover your seat the way you want it. My $.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts