Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some black beach bars yesterday for mt Scout Sixty. To my chagrin they told me it just says beach bars and the part number is 288-4130-266. I ordered and when I got home I discovered that 1920 Beach Bars were part number 288-2029-266. Indian has discontinued the 1920 Beach Bars and they are replaced by the part number and they are not the same period correct pull back style. The new bars are not available on the market until July. I suspect the 1920's were discontinued because they required modification for he ABS models although mine is not ABS. Has anyone got anymore information on this parts replacement? I see by illustration the difference. 2882029.jpg Illustrated is the 1920's .

·
Bronze member
2,950 Posts
Looks like this place still has what you were asking for .

·
Bronze member
2,950 Posts
I must have misunderstood I thought you were looking for the part # 288-2029-266 you mentioned .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like this place still has what you were asking for .
I am trying them to see if they can ship to Canada. The days of doing a pick up at a border town is in the past now. :) I hope they can ship them and I sure do appreciate the info. Thanks a lot. You have a nice bike by the way! :)

·
Bronze member
2,950 Posts
Mark, this is impressive, you can find more information in seconds than I can in days. Thank You very much!
Hope it all works out for you and you get what you want at a reasonable price .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope it all works out for you and you get what you want at a reasonable price .
I guess we all from time to time sputter about the prices of some of our accessories but without the manufacturers if we wanted something a little different those parts would all be a custom build and then we would really now high prices. The address you sent Mark ,looks like a doable solution, much appreciated. Price reasonable on top of all that. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts