Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the 1901 screen the best but does anyone have experience with both? Looking for something to smooth out the flow at highway speeds, not worried about getting the wind off of me. If the Dart is more functional I am not opposed to it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The flyscreen is completely ineffective above 65. You won't notice a difference from stock. It's best around 50-55, where it's doing something against enough windage to be most noticable from stock. At that, it only covers my belly and lower chest. I'm 6' flat using the 1920 solo seat, which lifts you up a couple inches.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I cannot comment on the 1901. But I have the Dart Classic on my 2020 Scout. I am 6 feet tall and found that without the flyscreen the wind and pressure on my arms and chest was uncomfortable at 65-70mph, and even caused a bit of wobble. With the flyscreen 70mph is now much smoother with wind directed to head/neck level and the wobble doesn't appear until 85-90 mph. The classic is easy to fit and quality is very good.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I tried the Dart classic, marlin, and ultimately the OEM fairing on my Scout, before finally admitting I just needed a touring bike. The more wind protection you try to add, the more sensitive it becomes with respect to height, helmet geometry, etc. For the Scout I think the Dart Classic is about as good as it gets without over-doing it. I was able to do 80 mph in comfort with the Classic on there, and honestly the other solutions only gave very marginal gains above that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have had a Dart Classic for 2 years now. I love it. It takes the wind off my chest. The wind hits me just below my chin and above, but it is smooth unbuffeted wind.
I am 6'.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know how much if at all the oem compares to the dart one in functionality, but it looks really cool in person. I considered a national cycle flyscreen because it looks like you can adjust it from an upright to more tilted position (neither of the other options pivot), and essentially get both styles with a simple adjustment up or down the fork and foward or back along the headlight. I didn't realize they had options for black instead of the chrome trim... so I ended up with a dart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts