Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,556 Posts
Hello everyone.

I saw this chrome brake pedal in an older post. Anyone have an idea where I might find it for sale?

View attachment 605876

View attachment 605831
That is my bike. It was from 1901 Customs which I believe was a brand that Charlotte Indian had or still has.
It was the only brake pedal pad that matched up with the floorboards. I was surprised that Indian didn’t have something similar in their Pinnacle like be of accessories. Maybe it was a liability issue with it being too slippery? I can tell you it is not slippery and has held up well over the last three years of use.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Roadmaster Elite
68 Posts
That is my bike. It was from 1901 Customs which I believe was a brand that Charlotte Indian had or still has.
It was the only brake pedal pad that matched up with the floorboards. I was surprised that Indian didn’t have something similar in their Pinnacle like be of accessories. Maybe it was a liability issue with it being too slippery? I can tell you it is not slippery and has held up well over the last three years of use.
Thanks @MilwDave for the input! It is very much appreciated. I'll have to do some homework.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a brand from Coastal Indian.

So I guess my quest to obtaining the 1901 brake pedal is coming to a sad end.
I called Coastal Indian who then referred me to Charlotte Indian. Apparently
the former owner of Costal now own Charlotte and produced these on his own.
Based on the gruff response from the parts department he is no longer interested
in producing this part and seems to be trying to disavow any connection to it.
The only way I'll ever get anything like it is to find a company interested in designing
and producing custom chrome motorcycle parts. Haven't seen any out there and
I'm sure the project would be cost prohibitive anyway. Do you or anyone else for
that matter have another solution?

·
Bronze member
2,556 Posts
Based on the gruff response from the parts department he is no longer interested
The only way I'll ever get anything like it is to find a company interested in designing
I'm sure the project would be cost prohibitive anyway. Do you or anyone else for
That’s too bad, it is very nice piece. Mine is four years old and looks like new. They did a great job designing and manufacturing it.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Roadmaster Elite
68 Posts
That's unfortunate indeed. Must have been why I heard crickets when I tried to get answers. I'll keep looking for something and let you know if I find anything @Valjean256.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts