Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody done it? Did you use the Indian wheel? Does our Vintage models need the new triple tree install?
I think the contrast "19 wheels look great, but they seem to only be going on RM'S and Limiteds??? Thanks!

·
Rider
559 Posts
I did the 19” on my Springfield. Plug and play. I knew about the triple tree being included for certain models, but I didn’t much care. I figure the outer diameter is so close it won’t matter. So far no issues, handles just fine. The TPMS sensor in the new wheel will have to be linked up to your ECM via dealer (unless you have the tool). I’m not sure if the pressure the system looks for is embedded in the ECM or not, but that may be an issue if the vintage runs a different pressure than what the new tire will run. My SF stock front was like 46PSI and I only run 36 with the new wheel so I’m afraid that when I get the TPMS linked up I will constantly have a low pressure warning because the system is looking for that 46PSI stock spec instead of the new 36PSI spec. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BaggerVance, thanks for the info, but Vintages don't come with tpms. I put some I bought on line on, and they work ok (they just screw on the valve stem where the valve cap normally goes).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. So there are NO Vintage owners who have traded out and gotten a "19 front wheel?
Am I to be the first?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts