Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian Springfield Darkhorse
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps, New to forum here. Just a quick question about installing a set of Dean Speed 14" low ball 1 1/4 handle bars. Has anyone on here installed a set? pitfalls? do you need cables and wire extentions? I guess thats more then 1 question!!! Thanks, for any insight.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have his 12 inch beefy bars w/ stock cables and wiring. 14inches would really be pushing it for using the stock stuff, but it might work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I know that 16" apes need longer stuff but never really hear about 14". Im 5'10 and rode my friend chief DH with 16s, felt to high for me but im sure that was to do with not being adjusted maybe. Figured 14s would be better suited. Ordered a set and i am waiting. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
335 Posts
My DH has 16" bars with stock cables by the previous owner...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've put 16" bars on my Springfield and the kit from Indian comes with only longer brake line, so stock cables should work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great good to hear. I will give it a try and see what happens. 3 dee love your bike btw!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still waiting on them. Im guessing all this border crap is going to delay for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts