Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience using Indian part # 2884164 ? Essentially it extends the front brake line only and the clutch cable , but I can't seem to get an answer on how long the extension actually is . Can anyone help me out with this ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how tall of bars are you trying to put on?
I'd like to go 8 to 10 , I can go max of 6 inches on stock cables. I just need to know how long of an extension this particular kit is before I get into it . No one can seem to tell me , guys at my local indian dealer were zero help .

·
Registered
409 Posts
it will reach 10 inch bars just fine. they are made to reach indians oem 10 inch mini apes. anything past that you need to find some one that makes longer cables. but on another not im not a fan of the oem clutch cables they seem to stretch more then any one ive ever had.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it will reach 10 inch bars just fine. they are made to reach indians oem 10 inch mini apes. anything past that you need to find some one that makes longer cables. but on another not im not a fan of the oem clutch cables they seem to stretch more then any one ive ever had.
Awesome I appreciate the info and the heads up on the clutch cable .

·
Registered
161 Posts
From my experience when swapping handlebars on my '18 Bobber ABS, I was told by the dealership that I would have to purchase extended brake & clutch cables to upgrade to Indian Mini Apes 10''. On the '18 this means having to gut the bike when swapping out old cable lines to new extended ones. Major pain in the butt!!
It is good to see that Indian engineers made adjustments to the '19 bike in this example.
To get the answers your looking for I would advise the following;
First, go to the local Indian dealership and speak with the parts department, not the service techs, but parts. Ask them to look up your part number (2884164) and if they have it in stock ask to see it. I've been lucky to have an excellent parts department at my local Indian shop in Daytona Beach, FL. They have opened many items for my inspection with or without purchasing it.
If that is a no-go then I would turn to the Indian Motorcycle website. I have had great feedback from the owner support teams at Polaris Headquarters in Minnesota. From the main page on the website scroll to the bottom and click "Contact Us". That will bring you to the Help Center page, scroll to the bottom again and look for the "By E-Mail" icon. Hit that and it will open up the Email part for you to fill out and go to town with questions. Again, I have had success using both methods. Best of luck and keep the online Indian community posted on what you find out.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
113 Posts
Stock bobber stock bars 68
Extended for mini apes 71 72 I just traded my bobber non abs for a Cheiftain also contact Barnett get the clutch and brake both from them the quality of the cable is superior and an easier pull on the lever as for bars look into FMB Choppers email the owner he will take care of you the styles are awesome and quick service.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
The pic has the Indian kit cables before I put the Barnetts u can tell D side clutch is tight but it worked and the bars are mayhem 11s Barnetts will be 71 72.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Stock bobber stock bars 68
Extended for mini apes 71 72 I just traded my bobber non abs for a Cheiftain also contact Barnett get the clutch and brake both from them the quality of the cable is superior and an easier pull on the lever as for bars look into FMB Choppers email the owner he will take care of you the styles are awesome and quick service.
i agree with everything but the fmb part, deanspeed makes just as good bars at a much better price. i know he hasnt listed items yet but he has recently become a barnett supplier so you could your cables along with your bars from him.

·
Rider
764 Posts
Anyone have any experience using Indian part # 2884164 ? Essentially it extends the front brake line only and the clutch cable , but I can't seem to get an answer on how long the extension actually is . Can anyone help me out with this ?
LACHOPPERS makes excellent bars for the bobber, they also have the right cable kits for the bars you choose to install. I think the classic 8” baby apes look great on the black bobber. But so do 12” mayhem’s. 12’s and a 24” DEAN SPEED sissy bar look bitchen on the bobber.

·
Registered
409 Posts
LACHOPPERS makes excellent bars for the bobber, they also have the right cable kits for the bars you choose to install. I think the classic 8” baby apes look great on the black bobber. But so do 12” mayhem’s. 12’s and a 24” DEAN SPEED sissy bar look bitchen on the bobber.
I used lachoppers cables when i did my 14's on my bobber they fit and look great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts