Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my scout sixty but the one area I don't like is the appearance of the front wheel and fender. I've thought about putting on a bobber fender,after buying and rejecting a couple of aftermarket ones. After thinking about it for way too long, I think what may bother me is the fat 16 inch wheel. I've seen some "street tracker" scouts with 19 inch wire or cast wheels, which usually have a small or no front fender, and that's the look I want. Either wire or cast 19 inch wheels are available for lots of $. I'm wondering if : 1) can I just replace the front wheel with a 19 inch wire wheel which has about the same diameter as the original 16 due to shorter tire sidewall? Maybe even an FTR front wire wheel which is 19 inch. 2) There are aftermarket ones but is it feasible to have wire on front and original cast on back or should I save and replace both, thinking FTR ones are way different in the rear. Indian EU itself claims many scout owners are going for the street tracker look and it almost sounds like they encourage it, though they don't list 19 inch wire wheels for the scouts, just 19 inch cast ones for the big Indians. Any suggestions, folks?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts