Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving 13hrs round trip to get my new base model tomorrow. ultra low mile bike, stock.
I race super bikes and motocross.
figuring I want to keep it simple and living in pittsburgh ive got maybe 30 more potential ridings days for the year realistically.....

going to get her home and change oil and flush brakes with rbf600 tomorrow and get first ride down on wed. would like to order stuff tonight/tomorrow on the drive with fast shipping and would really appreciate the best price/speed links.///

figure need....
-decat pipe (keeping stock mufflers for now)
-send out ecu for full derestriction/flash unless there's a handheld flasher kit like domestic cars
-most aggressive initial bite/highest mu* brake pads
-dont think shock has anything but preload and rebound not sure how its going to be
-think forks are non adjustable so who's get to the best cartridge kit other wise im gonna just trail and put in 15wt oil to stiffen both directions up.
-removing tail fender mirrors and turn signals. going to just 3m tape a plate to the underside w no light, would like integrated turn signal brake lite tho.
-bars? would like a flatter lower bar since I race mx the stock 19+ ktm sxf nekken bars are awesome. 1/18th
-quick turn throttle? have a fused wrist need a 1/6th or 1/7th turn throttle max, my other bikes run a modified MP revolver qt that's basically on off switch and works great. all are cable throttles tho.
-how to turn abs off permanently?

Hows gearing stock w the flash raised revlimiter? altering seeing the dynos' id be happy if 3rd gear rev limiter falls in the 100-110 range. so not sure if im going to be going +/- on the front sprocket.

thanks for assistance

·
Bronze member
2,040 Posts
Driving 13hrs round trip to get my new base model tomorrow. ultra low mile bike, stock.
I race super bikes and motocross.
figuring I want to keep it simple and living in pittsburgh ive got maybe 30 more potential ridings days for the year realistically.....

going to get her home and change oil and flush brakes with rbf600 tomorrow and get first ride down on wed. would like to order stuff tonight/tomorrow on the drive with fast shipping and would really appreciate the best price/speed links.///

figure need....
-decat pipe (keeping stock mufflers for now)
-send out ecu for full derestriction/flash unless
there's a handheld flasher kit like domestic cars
THE PV3 FLASHES THE ECU FUEL MOTO OR RYAN IS WHERE TO GO
-most aggressive initial bite/highest mu* brake pads
OEM BREMBO PADS WORK WELL
-dont think shock has anything but preload and rebound not sure how its going to be
YOU BOUGHT A BASE, NO ADJUSTMENT OTHER THAN PRELOAD, FTRSPECIALPARTS HAS FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION
-think forks are non adjustable so who's get to the best cartridge kit other wise im gonna just trail and put in 15wt oil to stiffen both directions up.
SEE ABOVE
-removing tail fender mirrors and turn signals. going to just 3m tape a plate to the underside w no light, would like integrated turn signal brake lite tho.
THEY DONT MAKE ONE. PLATE WONT STAY, TOCE AND NEW RAGE SYCLES FOR PLATE HOLDER
-bars? would like a flatter lower bar since I race mx the stock 19+ ktm sxf nekken bars are awesome. 1/18th
ANY FAT BAR WORLS
-quick turn throttle? have a fused wrist need a 1/6th or 1/7th turn throttle max, my other bikes run a modified MP revolver qt that's basically on off switch and works great. all are cable throttles tho.
NO, ITS THROTTLE BY WIRE, S&S MAKES A SWITCH PANEL TO GET SPORT THROTTLE

-how to turn abs off permanently?

PULL THE ABS FUSE

Hows gearing stock w the flash raised revlimiter? altering seeing the dynos' id be happy if 3rd gear rev limiter falls in the 100-110 range. so not sure if im going to be going +/- on the front sprocket.

THEY DONT MAKE A BIFFEE FRONT OR SMALLER REAR TO GET THAT RATIO YOU WANT.
thanks for assistance
SEE ABOVE ANSWERS IN BOLD

And unless you’re getting a screaming good deal, you would Be MUCH better off buying The s that already has the good suspension, track mode, and throttle maps that the base doesn’t have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
Can you expect greater disc wear with the higher rated pads?

·
Silver member
5,277 Posts
At 6500 miles I haven’t noticed, neither on my previous bike at 11000 miles.

In fact, the stock Brembo pads have a tendency to leave uneven residue in some cases, making the brakes feel as if they’re warped at low speed braking. These EBC HH pads don’t.

·
Registered
135 Posts
...In fact, the stock Brembo pads have a tendency to leave uneven residue in some cases, making the brakes feel as if they’re warped at low speed braking. These EBC HH pads don’t.
Pad deposits can be worrisome on disks. One thing you can do is NOT apply your brakes when stopped from hard deceleration. Holding pads against a hot rotor leaves deposits.

Interesting fact, Stop-Tech actually recommended an abrasive Hawk brake pad that was used to take uneven deposits off of rotors. It was very effective. Then the racing pads went back in.

Of course this is from my road racing days, but when we would come in the pits, we would let off the brake and use the gearbox to hold the car. When you come to a stop on your bike, your feet will hold you. :p

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
At 6500 miles I haven’t noticed, neither on my previous bike at 11000 miles.

In fact, the stock Brembo pads have a tendency to leave uneven residue in some cases, making the brakes feel as if they’re warped at low speed braking. These EBC HH pads don’t.
Excellent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the help everyone.
after two good rides today this bike will not work for me no matter what I upgrade on it.
she's up for sale now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts