Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Roadmaster
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first yes I have searched and read all kinds of posts but issue is I am getting scattered info and need to gather it all and some additional so hoping to put it all in one thread and possibly put it on a pdf for others.

I have a 2018 RM with front and rear speakers all Polk audio otherwise stock audio.
Here is what I plan
1-Adding aftermarket 6.5" saddle bag speakers.
2- adding a powered sub in trunk

Questions
1- what harness do I need to run the saddle bag speakers?
2- what saddle bag speakers? Do they need an amp?
3- where is the best place to grab sound, signal and power for powered sub.

·
Registered
452 Posts
6.5 in lids are a waste of time and money. you will need a sound processor the dsr1 works the best you can adjust it through your phone, ditch the factory amps put some 8's in your lids and some good 5.25 in fairing and tour pack replace the factory amp with after market amps and your done. ive got 2 amps and the dsr1 all in the fairing on my 18 chieftain

·
Registered
22 Posts
6.5 in lids are a waste of time and money. you will need a sound processor the dsr1 works the best you can adjust it through your phone, ditch the factory amps put some 8's in your lids and some good 5.25 in fairing and tour pack replace the factory amp with after market amps and your done. ive got 2 amps and the dsr1 all in the fairing on my 18 chieftain
Do you have any pictures or diagrams of how you set it up?

·
Registered
2018 Roadmaster
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate your opinion and thoughts. However I need to start my thought process from tve beginning of what speakers what wiring adapters for the lids and sub after I figure that then what add on things like do the lid doeajers require an amp. Then after I have learned all that and put a diagram on paper I can then look into going farther into your setup which I would love more detailed explanation like exactly what amps for what, what you bypassed etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts