Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I’d say no, there’s a ‘17 Chieftain Jack Daniels edition with 1 mile on the ticker for $34,999 at Mason City Indian

Doesn’t appear to make the value climb, just your initial spend. Unless of course you like the paint enough to make it worth it to you.

·
Silver member
3,326 Posts
If you want a cool special edition and you like it, it may be worth it to you. If you think of it as an investment, no it's not worth it. There will be another special edition next year for people to buy.

·
Read Only
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want a cool special edition and you like it, it may be worth it to you. If you think of it as an investment, no it's not worth it. There will be another special edition next year for people to buy.
That is what I figured. Any mods I do to it would prob drop the value more.

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
The issue with these special edition bikes is that there is no touch up paint available (ask the Elite owners) and you almost don't want to ride it because you don't want anything to effect the condition of it. So then you don't ride it which defeats the purpose of it. Unless you are one that has many bikes and buys it to put on display or at motorcycle shows.

·
Rider
1,097 Posts
I too was notified that I have been selected and am supposed to call Indian Motorcycle Customer Care Team by next Monday. Curious as to when the bike will actually be available as I'm not wanting to take delivery as winter is approaching. Damn bike should come with the audio lids and such. Speaking of audio lids I was just at Sturgis and saw old style bags with new lids featuring speakers similar to the ones on the new style bags. Should of got a picture ot them. Also the notice from Indian said the bike was available to me for $37,249 which is a bit more than the initial MSRP....

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
I too was notified that I have been selected and am supposed to call Indian Motorcycle Customer Care Team by next Monday. Curious as to when the bike will actually be available as I'm wanting to take delivery as winter is approaching. Damn bike should come with the audio lids and such. Speaking of audio lids I was just at Sturgis and saw old style bags with new lids featuring speakers similar to the ones on the new style bags. Should of got a picture ot them.

When the promotion was going on earlier for the bikes, they listed as September as delivery dates.

·
Silver member
4,834 Posts
Yep, what Baron says. If you have the money to leave it in the crate for 30 years it might be worth something. Or it might not. You just never know with special editions.

Otherwise, the more miles you ride the more it will depreciate...

For that kind of money, you can get a fully loaded Roadmaster with nearly all the accessories...

·
Rider
1,097 Posts
When the promotion was going on earlier for the bikes, they listed as September as delivery dates.
Well I could pick it up from the Reno dealer in time for Street Vibrations! Probably have to unload the DH and my R1200RT BMW.

·
Rider
1,097 Posts
Ok folks I'm in for one of these beauties. Called Polaris and for now according to the person I spoke to they do not have a firm delivery date. Would be awesome to get bike number 7!

·
Bronze member
3,063 Posts
not interested at all.... but I gotta ask.... what made you get selected? and I thought it was a 2020 model.. it has the new bags and a 116 and wasn't being released until Sept.... we used that as kinda' a hint that some 2020 models would have the 116

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
not interested at all.... but I gotta ask.... what made you get selected? and I thought it was a 2020 model.. it has the new bags and a 116 and wasn't being released until Sept.... we used that as kinda' a hint that some 2020 models would have the 116

Indian said it is based of the 2020 models

·
Silver member
4,412 Posts
My favorite JD edition is the 2017 Chieftain.
I admit that I was eagerly waiting for the announcement of this bike as I was planning to put my name in for it; however, when I saw the msrp I was floored; I couldn't believe the price they were asking for a Springfield; special edition or not; don't care that it has the 116; not worth it IMHO.
So I went and purchased a brand new 2018 Chieftain (left over stock) this past April for much much less. I Couldn't be happier with my decision.

If anyone happens to buy it; congratulations! We all buy cars and trucks that are over priced and depreciate so really whats the difference I guess. Just not for me.

Note the price of this bike in Canada - circled below

upload_2019-8-9_19-10-20.png

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Can't imagine paying extra to advertise for someone. If they want the advertising, they can pay me for it.
In addition, it will never be a money maker or an investment, it is simply a depreciating asset.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts