Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15 RM and she runs hot ( for me)
I have done everything can possibly be done except
going to stage 2 or 3. Already did stage 1.
will going to either stage 2 or 3 make her run cooler?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Nope. Both stage 2 and 3 keep the catalytic converter in place. You can remove it from your current stage one setup but it will greatly change your exhaust flow.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Both stage 2 and 3 keep the catalytic converter in place. You can remove it from your current stage one setup but it will greatly change your exhaust flow.
Thank you
I already removed the cat
just looking to cool her down more

·
Bronze member
4,300 Posts
If I were to take a wild guess I would say to have a small inseam size. This is in now way to insult or demean. But shorter rides legs are tucked more up against the engine, and its going to be hot period. Taller riders with longer legs, knees are higher and the legs are further away from the engine, and more air passes between the the legs because they are further away from the engine.

There was a discussion here on the forum 3 years ago about this, and the majority of the taller rides did not have heat issues where most of the shorter rides did.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Best thing I did was trade in the 16RM for a 20RM. The rear cylinder cut out works quite well. I still have the cat. Now I'm finding my right leg getting warmer than the right...lol in stop and go situations.

·
Bronze member
1,610 Posts
How much have you played with the vents on the lowers? How you are directing the airflow could have something to do with it. For me, the best combination to keep cool is to have both the door open and the wing, or whatever you want to call it, down on the right side as you are sitting on the bike. The left side I have the wing up and the door open. Ridden in 100+ degree heat and while still warm, that's the best configuration I have found.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,810 Posts
The bike will run cooler if you do a PV3 and a custom tune. Factory tunes are a bit lean causing more heat. A custom tune will help a bit. I have stage 2 on my 15 RM with a Jackpot header and a custom Craig B tune. No crotch cooler since there is not much heat to worry about. Dean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts