Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a thread on this but I was wondering if anybody else got an email from Indian saying if you fill out a survey you get $15 for the online store? I took a look into it and it has to be done on a laptop using a Chrome browser. First you have to install an app that states "The extension records your audio through the microphone, facial expressions using the webcam (optional), and can record your on-screen activity (optional)." If I didn't lose interest after seeing I had to install an app to take a survey I did after seeing they want to spy on me from every angle. Same reason I don't and wont own one of those Alexa things.

Sorry Indian, nice try but not interested.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
validately.com is where it wants to take you. didn't see any reliable info about them at first glance so I was out. If more didn't get it I agree its a scam. They do look like a legit email with fonts and pictures.

They added my name to the body

and all the legal jargon at the end.

·
Rider
974 Posts
I didn't see a thread on this but I was wondering if anybody else got an email from Indian saying if you fill out a survey you get $15 for the online store? I took a look into it and it has to be done on a laptop using a Chrome browser. First you have to install an app that states "The extension records your audio through the microphone, facial expressions using the webcam (optional), and can record your on-screen activity (optional)." If I didn't lose interest after seeing I had to install an app to take a survey I did after seeing they want to spy on me from every angle. Same reason I don't and wont own one of those Alexa things.

Sorry Indian, nice try but not interested.
Did it also ask for social security number and shoe size?

Did it say Indian motorcycles, Nigeria?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got conformation from corporate that it was from them. Still don't like the fact they chose some sketchy Chinese software company to track my every movement. Personally it's not worth $15. Maybe I'll use my buddy's computer....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just got conformation from corporate that it was from them. Still don't like the fact they chose some sketchy Chinese software company to track my every movement. Personally it's not worth $15. Maybe I'll use my buddy's computer....
Well, where the hell is MY $15...?!?!

That’s what I want to know.:mad:

·
Rider
979 Posts
Got the same email and it looked legit. Clicked the link and was told only open in google chrome. I was out at that point and said WTF Indian/PII?

I guess they don't want to give you $15 without you being spied on. No thanks! I don't own an Alexa either and don't intend to.

I wonder if anyone has successfully taken the survey and gotten the $15 GC? Not worth it to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts