Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running out of room and had a 10 mph side wind, so didn't get 6th gear.
17 inch wheels and 41 t rear sprocket, so taller gearing which more than compensated for smaller wheels.
Stock rear sprocket was 48t.
Will have a videon on You Tube in a day or two.
Screen shot:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would be careful about posting that on YouTube and given state of law enforcement & video used in court today
Driver of Hell cat got arrested for posting his 160 plus speed in HWY
IF you're planning on posting it YouTube use blank os thumb drive type & vpn and new google account post it .
Website fingerprinting pull all info this what FBI/ Government warrant ask for medi-data identify you. Banks and Google/big data have been at this long time

·
Registered
166 Posts
yep the govt down here has fined people for the same thing too - effectively you dob yourself in to the authorities and they can fine you for it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can't imagine going that fast on my FTR. The speed limit on the fastest highway around here is 110 kph = 68.7 mph, and even at that speed, the FTR feels a little sketchy and I want to slow down. This summer I am going to try tires that are more highway oriented.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't imagine going that fast on my FTR. The speed limit on the fastest highway around here is 110 kph = 68.7 mph, and even at that speed, the FTR feels a little sketchy and I want to slow down. This summer I am going to try tires that are more highway oriented.
Already have more worthy tires and wheels.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would be careful about posting that on YouTube and given state of law enforcement & video used in court today
Driver of Hell cat got arrested for posting his 160 plus speed in HWY
IF you're planning on posting it YouTube use blank os thumb drive type & vpn and new google account post it .
Website fingerprinting pull all info this what FBI/ Government warrant ask for medi-data identify you. Banks and Google/big data have been at this long time
I think that was more about running from the cops than just a speed video on You Tube.

There is a well known You Tuber that does 186 + mph on state highways, even with some traffic on it .

·
Registered
934 Posts
Because here is 122 at almost redline in 5th on stock size tires/wheels... at a track.

And the trap speed was 115.71
Adjustments.jpg

The smaller sprocket should make up for the smaller wheels so it should be more of a wash as far as real speed goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
934 Posts
When you download the video, the gopro software will ask you if you want to include gps speed, g force, gps data, and a few other various things.

There are some YouTube vids out about how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Because here is 122 at almost redline in 5th on stock size tires/wheels... at a track.

And the trap speed was 115.71 View attachment 572677

V
The smaller sprocket should make up for the smaller wheels so it should be more of a wash as far as real speed goes.
If the sprocket is a factor, going from 48 to 41 is more than the wheel difference.
I have to measure difference in circumference and do the math.
The stock rpm reference to mph in 5th is helpful. I did have slightly more rpm.
Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think that was more about running from the cops than just a speed video on You Tube.
Here an article on Hellcat Driver almost 198 mph speeding posted to youtube.
He was charged with street racing and reckless driving and the original video on youtube may still be there.

YOLO

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sprocket replacement and acceleration notwithstanding, if the rolling radius (not just the wheels) but the tires fitted too has decreased the natural speedo error everyone experiences will be exacerbated and the reading could be way out against actual GPS speed. Any decent sat nav will tell you GPS speed or even your smart phone.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts