Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a replacement for my windshield. Mine has cracked I'm guessing due to the amazing San Antonio heat. What are your recommendations? What do you guys like? Keep in mind I'm 6' tall....

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I like the ones with re-curve, you can use a shorter shield. They may be a bit stronger regarding cracking as well.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I tried both the Klockwerks 14 and freedom 14 inch windshields. Wound up getting the freedom because it had less visual distortion with the recurve. I am 5’9” tall so you could probably go with the 16 inch freedom windshield with the recurve at the top. Klockwerks maximum height windshield is 14”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried both the Klockwerks 14 and freedom 14 inch windshields. Wound up getting the freedom because it had less visual distortion with the recurve. I am 5’9” tall so you could probably go with the 16 inch freedom windshield with the recurve at the top. Klockwerks maximum height windshield is 14”

I've seen the Klockwerks, but have never seen the Freedom. I'll have to check them out. Think I can get away with the 14" Or will I get a bunch of wind over the top being as tall as I am

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm 6' and just put a 12" Freedom shield on my bike. The size was perfect with a lot of range until I put a Corbin seat on yesterday which raised me up. It still works great but it needs to be fully extended. So if you're planning on changing your seat I would go with the next size up. Freedom shields as a company is awesome and produces a great product.

Phil

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking for a replacement for my windshield. Mine has cracked I'm guessing due to the amazing San Antonio heat. What are your recommendations? What do you guys like? Keep in mind I'm 6' tall....
Long Rides Shields 14" $160.00

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I've seen the Klockwerks, but have never seen the Freedom. I'll have to check them out. Think I can get away with the 14" Or will I get a bunch of wind over the top being as tall as I am
Nice thing about Freedom. John is the owner and he’ll let you return the windshield if you don’t take off the protective film.

I’ve got nothing to do with Freedom or John but he was very helpful in picking out the windshield height.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Nice thing about Freedom. John is the owner and he’ll let you return the windshield if you don’t take off the protective film.

I’ve got nothing to do with Freedom or John but he was very helpful in picking out the windshield height.

Great to have good customer service and loyal customer ,they go hand in hand really.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
One reason these sometimes crack is faulty installation. Avoid over-tightening the fasteners, the plastic needs to float just a little to keep from being stressed as it changes shape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts