Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Indian Chief Classic
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting on a slight incline gravel road waiting for my brother to back his HD trike into his garage and let off the brakes slightly and heard a metal on metal grinding sound coming from the rear brakes. I did a cursory check and it seems I need new pads on the back of the bike. I've watched a few videos covering the replacement and ordered new pads from RevZilla, I checked in the service manual for procedures. The rotors are in what I would call a 8 to 9 on a 10 scale of shape, a few small normal wear grooves but nothing out of expected.
Anyone done their own brake pad replacement? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as I, myself, are only a little more then novice when it comes to mechanical skills. I can fix things but sometimes can't analyze or find the "tricks" if something goes awry.

·
Registered
2014 Indian Chief Classic
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the brake pads are on, scariest part was the pad I thought was the good one was actually the worse of the two. Thanks for all the responses for the pointers. It really helps and adds punctuation to the belief that this forum is here to help. Maybe I should have mentioned the price of fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts