Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rider
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for 12-14 inch apes for my vintage and can't seem to find any. Anyone has such a thing or knows from where to get them?

Thank you.

·
Rider
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only find apes for chieftain and roadmaster on the Klockwerks website and only the prairie bars for the chiefs. Do you have a link for the ones you're referring to?

I'm ~ 6', tried the Indian 16" and they felt a little too high for me. Tried 14" bars on friend's Road glide and they were perfect.

Thanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd suggest a quick call to them. That was what I did when trying to make a decision and they were very helpful but in the end I decided to by the Indian bars

·
Rider
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just spoke to Allan at Klock Werks, and he said that for now the only bars they have for the Vintage/Classic are the Prairie bars, but they were contemplating making apes for the chief, and are looking (or thinking of looking) into the market to decide whether it was worth manufacturing them.

So back to square one I guess.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,843 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dean Speed does 12" and 14' bars for the Chiefs. Lowballs 1 1/4" bar. Check his website or message him from Facebook. Tell him Murray from New Zealand told you about it, you might get a discount.

·
Rider
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just checked and as mentioned above, VicBaggers has them for the Chief/springfield, and the 14" in chrome cost $500.

DeanSpeed LowBalls 1 1/4 are only in black, but although they have a pic of them on the Chief, in the options only octane/scout and HD are available. The others like the Widow Makers which I like, seem to only be offered for scout, octane and HD. May have to call them to ask if they have other options for the Chiefs.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just checked and as mentioned above, VicBaggers has them for the Chief/springfield, and the 14" in chrome cost $500.

DeanSpeed LowBalls 1 1/4 are only in black, but although they have a pic of them on the Chief, in the options only octane/scout and HD are available. The others like the Widow Makers which I like, seem to only be offered for scout, octane and HD. May have to call them to ask if they have other options for the Chiefs.

Thanks again for your help.
Yes call Mykah at Dean Speed. He will sort you out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts