Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Mike at HMD has decided to take on building a custom XC for me. This has been two months in the making. I rode the bike to Tucson a couple weekends ago to drop it off and the build began that coming Monday. We are doing a major makeover of the bike to include:

HMD Scorpion tail including stretched bags, fender and side covers, speaker lids
HMD Gorilla bars
HMD air ride
HMD skid plate
HMD shortened kickstand
HMD bag brackets
Rockford Fosgate kickass system with two (2) 150 watt amps, (2) 6x5' speakers in fairing, (2) 6x9' speaker lids
HMD Hotrod exhaust
HMD coffin covers
HMD chin fairing screen inserts
HMD front fender
SAW floorboards
Eurocomponents mirrors
Custom Corbin Gunfighter seat
23' SMT front wheel
Painted rear wheel
NESS 10 degree rake kit
NESS RAD III handlebar controls
NESS engine covers
NESS grips
NESS pegs
NESS MC cover
Guard Dog keyless security
Lloydz air filter, adjustable timing gear
Power Commander V
Tons of Witchdoctor colored bolts, caps
Witchdoctor clutch cover & dipstick
Custom Dynamics Radius Flush-mount Quad LED Plate Frame
Pin light blinkers front and rear

Let's just say there won't be any chrome on the bike. The bike will be painted a custom color (super secret) and tons of powder coating done. Hoping to get bike done before Thanksgiving but not pressuring Mike. He has an amazing attention to detail which is what drew me to see if he'd take on this build. This size build takes time and I'm willing to wait. Please friend Mike on his FB page at HMD520 to see progress.

Rowdy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have you been raiding my wishlist!!??

Seriously though, having come up with a very similar parts list, I can imagine where you're going with this: a killer machine!!! I can't decide if getting the results from my BAR examn at the end of November or seeing pictures of you bike makes me more exicted. Congrats in advance on your dream bike!

And I'll second your support of Mike and HMD. I stopped by the shop shortly after moving to Tucson and its immediately apparent he is good people.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i just drooled all over my keyboard. thanks now i cant type any more. lol

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This bike will be <em>AWESOME....</em>Rowdy is like a kid in a candy store. LOL I think i get a package every few days for his bike.
Looking forward to this build.

Mike

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike got the front blinkers removed and everything glassed back in today

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you will not be dissapointed I am sure..

I have talked to mike a few times and he is straight foward and easy to talk to .. I just ordered the coffin covers from him last week and they should be at my door when I get home today.. I also have the Air ride kit and it is AWESOME.. i would say good luck.. but I know this bike will be KICK ASS.. will there be updates or going to wait till the bike is done?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When Mike provides updates I post his pics. The only pic that won't be posted in advance is the completed bike until I see it in person.

BTW, Mike is a great guy with unbelieveable attention to detail. This is why he's building my bike.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More pics. Powder coat starting to show up. Also custom seat arrived but no pics yet.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why am I so excited about seeing more pics?! Looks great so far. I am hoping to have HMD do some work on my bike, too bad I live so far away.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pics of the pegs/grips that will be coming from Ness.....eventually.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Received the brake and shift arms. We're changing the pegs on these to match the rear passenger pegs and grips. Also doing something a little different with the arms themselves but that will have to wait until the finished product.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike starting to mock up the rear of the bike. Scorpion tail is gonna look sweet

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a pic of the license plate frame we're using on the build except it will be black. It has integrated turn/brake/license light in it. We will also be using pin lights in the Scorpion tail for turn/running lights.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today's progress. Mike got the bags and Scorpion tail finally plus shaved the fairing after removing the blinker pods.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dude..I don't who's more excited for your bike to done..me or you. Sounds like it's going to be bad a$$ build!!!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike from HMD made good progress on the build today getting the Scorpion Tail and bags mocked up. As Mike said, the fit is 'on the money'. Also received good news that the Ness shipment should be on its way. The speaker lids on this bike are gonna rock!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts