Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i see the closed off dash cap for 12v power. Usb..
Is there 12v in cubby? And correct male/female plug and play for this.?
Thanks..

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,075 Posts
If you're talking about the plug on the left side, that's for the fog light switch. There's a wiring connector down there for it. (The other 2 are for the heated grips.) Others have put aftermarket USB connectors in there but you'll have to run your own wiring to it. If you look up the detailed fog light install I did, there's pictures.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx, I saw 3 plugs on pict for grips, and single 12v? I'll have to rest for switched or not. I'll post on outcome unless someone who did it posts picts too. Ttyl

·
Registered
577 Posts
I put a 12 Volt outlet in that spot but i ran my own wires direct to the battery. I tapped into those wires to run 12 volts to my dash as well for my GPS and to my Clearwater running lights which I just installed today. Running a set of initial wires was a PITA and I really had to do it twice to be able to really hide them. But once done it was all worth it.
DSCN0695.JPG
DSCN0696.JPG

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which wires in cubby are for 12v.
Blu/blue pink tracer..
Or
20201002_181338.jpg
20201002_181402.jpg

Blu/red/blue
Or 4 wires last pict.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,075 Posts
There isn't an outlet designed to plug in there. I'd suggest you study the wiring diagrams before just blindly connecting something. Nearly everything I've seen on this bike is computer controlled. The testing I've done shows that if you draw too much or not enough current, the power gets switched off.

Reactions: Rydahog

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where can I get outlet that plugs into this harness for 12v outlet..?
As has already been said, the two smaller plugs in there are for the heated grips. There is no power at those plugs. The larger connector is for the fog button. In that connector there is switched power on the pink/green wire, as well as a ground wire. How much power you can get from that wire I do not know. It is designed to light a small LED in the fog button, as well as send a pulse to activate the lights. If you were to buy a fog button and cut off the button you would have the harness you need. As TechRider already mentioned, this bike is computer controlled, and very sensitive to adding electrical devices. There is also a lot of unswitched power that is always hot, so you have to be careful.
If you remove the fairing there is an unused connector with 12v power. If you look at TechRider's fog light install you will see the 16 pin connector he used for his lights. That connector has two red wires that come right from the fuse block, as well as two pink wires that are switched power. The red wires (RD/DG) come from a 25 amp fuse labeled VCM3. I used a red wire to power my fog lights and used a pink wire as my trigger, and there has been no problem with the bike's electrical system at all.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would imagine a proper harness is already there. As stated above it's probably the one outlined by TheGrish. I would surmise this is precisely the one used by the 2021 challenger to power the 12V port they have in the fairing. I am just waiting for the kit to come out so I can plug it into my 2020 challenger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts