Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know off hand what the fuse size is for the 12 volt outlets that we have in the fairing, side bags, and tour pack? Are they all on the same circuit? Dean E

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Possibly around 7.5 amps. I am only saying that because I put in a motorcycle 12v usb charging port and it came with a 7.5 amp inline fuse. So just guessing

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will see what I can find in the service manual. Service manual is not even helpful either
Don't worry about it. I was going to hard wire a connector in for my GPS but decided to just keep using the adapter plug that has a 3 amp fuse in it. Dean E

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
15 amp, left lower fairing first fuse on the left front of the terminal block, easy to change by the way, as my heated gloves plugged in were to much for it, so I installed the pig tail right to the battery with a 30 amp inline fuse.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
15 amp, left lower fairing first fuse on the left front of the terminal block, easy to change by the way, as my heated gloves plugged in were to much for it, so I installed the pig tail right to the battery with a 30 amp inline fuse.
My heated vest ( or gloves or both) plugs directly into the battery tender lead that the dealer installed.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wow you must have some serious gloves to pull 180 watts!

My Gerbing gloves, pants, and jacket liner only pull about 13 amps max.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts