Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scout Bobber 2019

I`ve just ordered my 12" ape handlebar. That was the easy part. I`ve a big problem with ABS breake line. Can`t find in Europe any place where the abs lines are availible. Those stock mini ape lines are to short unfortunetly.

I know that here`s lot of DUI or solutions in US but my problem is on other side of big water:)

Someone maybe know something about it?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Scout Bobber 2019

I`ve just ordered my 12" ape handlebar. That was the easy part. I`ve a big problem with ABS breake line. Can`t find in Europe any place where the abs lines are availible. Those stock mini ape lines are to short unfortunetly.

I know that here`s lot of DUI or solutions in US but my problem is on other side of big water:)

What's the process for ordering something in the US to be shipped over?

·
Registered
388 Posts
What's the process for ordering something in the US to be shipped over?
Most companies will very likely ship to an US address only.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
But every place I ask there is no lines for abs model. Write pleas if You maybe know where to ask and buy

Wysłane z mojego BLA-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
But every place I ask there is no lines for abs model. Write pleas if You maybe know where to ask and buy
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the ABS stuff is all at the wheel except the wiring that goes back to the ECU. In other words, only the brake fluid line goes back to the handlebar. Again, I'm not 100% certain on this so double check it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the ABS stuff is all at the wheel except the wiring that goes back to the ECU. In other words, only the brake fluid line goes back to the handlebar. Again, I'm not 100% certain on this so double check it.
I`m not a profi but every supplier I`ve asked said that there is a difference between ABS line and non ABS line.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I`m not a profi but every supplier I`ve asked said that there is a difference between ABS line and non ABS line.
I wouldn't know; I was speaking of the ABS function itself and its communication with the ECU, in that there's not electronic communication back to anything on the handlebar. Again, I'm not sure.

Reactions: shogoon

·
Registered
161 Posts
I also went with the Barnett company: Barnett Tool & Engineering
Just an idea, you could reach out to the awesome crew at Tank Machine: Accessoire moto, scooter, suzuki vanvan, bmw nine-t, casque, antivol, jantes, phare, bagagerie, poignets - Tankmachine
They are located out of Paris, France. When checking into the website use something like Google Chrome because it will translate everything for you. Although, Tank Machine hasn't done much with handlebar modifications they may be able to point you in the right direction on your side of the pond. Send them a message or give them a call, the individual I spoke with on a few occasions did a fantastic job in customer service. Best of luck.
Also, from my experience when replacing to higher handlebars, you will only need to replace the upper/front brake line that attaches to the fluid reservoir on the handlebars. Meaning you do not need to replace both brake lines as the Indian sales department advertises.

·
Rider
723 Posts
Scout Bobber 2019

The 2019 Bobber's front ABS line terminates at a barrel fitting located mid way on the left support just below the tank. There is no need to try to source a line that will take you all the way to the ABS module.

Take your stock line into any reputable shop that can make up a line 4 to 6 inches longer.
The line can be flexible right up to the final couple of inches to where it connects to the barrel fitting.
Again, there is no need to try and replicate the custom bends in the ridged portion. Just run flex. there is plenty of room between the support and the tank for the flex to fit.

TPc

·
Rider
723 Posts
To help clear up any confusion between the lines on a conventional braking system and ABS.

With the ABS system, both the front and rear lines go from the hand/foot control to the ABS module and from there return to the calipers.
The module receives input from the speed sensor rings located on the front and rear wheels.
If it senses the wheel rpm suddenly dropping off during a braking event it will modulate the hydraulic pressure to the calipers to keep the wheels at the threshold of locking up. The pulsing sensation you feel in the controls during a hard brake is the feedback from the ABS module.

All electrical/electronic signals are between the speed rings/ecm and the module. no electrical signal is received from the hand/foot controls themselves.

Hats off to Polaris for adding the barrel connection to the front ABS brake line on the Bobber starting with the 2019 model. They obviously listened to feedback from owners who were frustrated with trying to source lines when adding tall bars to their bikes.

I can't say for certain, but I would expect that this change was made in the 2019 and up Scout as well. Maybe someone can chime in here to confirm.

TPc

·
Rider
756 Posts
Scout Bobber 2019

In your case,, save the 12’s And buy OEM 10’s. They fit on there perfect, same cables, electrical, just buy new grips. Avon’s are cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts